- Real Parenting Moms Share What It's Like Being Told 'Nag-Iinarte Ka Lang'
- Preschooler Your Child's Bad and Aggressive Behavior May Be a Result of How You Treat Him
- News DILG Says Yes, Police Says No: Are Kids Below 15 Years Old Allowed In NCR Malls?
- Money Because 'Walang Trabahong Pang-Forever': 5 Lessons on Investing from Dimples Romana
Soft TacoWant a Mexican twist to a yummy family snack? Try out this soft taco recipe.by Irene Nicolas-Recio .
You will need:
• 1 lb ground beef (if you want a healthier alternative, use lean ground beef)
• ¼ cup all-purpose flour
• ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 small onion, minced
• ½ teaspoon paprika
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 3 cloves garlic, crushed
• ½ cup water
• 2 cups cabbage, shredded
• 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
• ready-to-eat flour tortillas (you can buy this in your local supermarket, they’re usually around 6 inches in diameter and come in packs of 10 or 12)
1. In a bowl, put the beef, flour, cayenne pepper, salt, onion, paprika, oregano, and garlic. Mix well. You may opt not to use cayenne pepper if spicy is not your thing. Make sure all the ingredients are distributed as evenly as possible throughout the ground beef.
2. In a pan, add the beef mixture to the water. Let it cook over medium heat. Mix well and break up the beef as it cooks for about 5 minutes or until browned.
3. To make the soft taco, put the flour tortilla on a plate. Then put about 2 tablespoons of the beef on top of the tortilla. Put some shredded cabbage over the meat and sprinkle some cheese on top. Sometimes I like to add diced fresh tomatoes to give it that refreshing angle. Fold up the bottom part of the tortilla, and roll in from one side of the tortilla to make a wrap.
4. You may wrap the soft tacos beforehand or put the ingredients in separate containers for family members to do the wrapping themselves. Sometimes it’s more fun to let them do their own servings.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Photo from flickr.com
Trending in Summit Network