- Breastfeeding True Or False: A Breastfeeding Mom Who Has COVID-19 Cannot Nurse Her Baby
- News UPDATE: Duterte Formally Extends Enhanced Quarantine Until April 30
- News Grocery And Supermarket Hours During Holy Week 2020
- News WATCH: Discharged COVID-19 Patient Applauded By Nurses; 83-Year-Old Lolo Also Recovers!
The Kitchen’s Not Burning, Dad’s Just Making Mexican Food!Dad and contributor Robert Del Rosario shares how a lazy, rainy Saturday was transformed into a Mexican fiesta and a great bonding time activity with his family.by Rob Del Rosario .
Read on to see the grocery list and recipes Robert prepared for their Mexican feast.
Here are the entrees and recipes for Tacos, Tuna Quesadillas and Banana Fritters with Ice Cream good for six! Enjoy!
• 1 box Taco Shells (12 pcs, regular size)
• 4 Medium Tomatoes
• 1 Medium Iceberg Lettuce
• 1 Small Bunch of Cilantro (wansoy)
• 1 Small Lemon or Lime
• 5 kilo Ground Beef
• 2 Standard Bars of Local Cheese or 1 Bar of Monterey Jack Cheese and 1 Bar Colby Cheese
• Hot Sauce (Optional) Cholula Hot Sauce is highly recommended
• Tomato Ketchup
• 1 Pack Tortillas (Regular or Whole Wheat, about 12 wraps)
• 1 Can Tuna in Brine
• 6 Pieces Saba Banana
• 1 Medium Tub Ice Cream (Your Favorite Flavor)
• Spices: Cumin, White Pepper, Worcestershire Sauce
• Canola Oil
• Brown Sugar
• 1 Small Tub Sour Cream
Salsa Fresca/Pico De Gallo
1. Dice tomatoes according to desired “chunkiness”
2. Pull off fresh cilantro leaves, slice to release flavor
3. Dice onions smaller than you would the tomatoes
4. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, add lemon or lime to taste
Easy Fil-Mexican TacosADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
1. Slice lettuce into small strips, set aside in a bowl
2. Grate the cheese. If using Monterey Jack and Colby cheese, grate then mix. Put 2/3 in a bowl
3. Place meat in bowl, add two teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Mash!
4. Fry meat in pan in low fire with canola oil until dark brown (well done, better for the kids)
5. Let “sit” for five minutes, add three tablespoons of tomato ketchup
6. Heat taco shells 1 minute less than package instructions
7. Serve with Salsa Fresca and hot sauce if desiredADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Click here to see the recipe for tuna quesadillas and banana fritters and ice cream.
Trending in Summit Network