Canned tuna is probably one of Mommy’s fave friend in the kitchen. Apart from being a healthy alternative to fatty foods, itís so easy to whip it up into flavorful goodies!
Tuna Rollover Crunch
Ingredients: • 1 carrot, peeled and cut into strips • 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into strips • 6 to 8 slices of bread, with brown sides sliced off • 3 eggs beaten • 1 pack of Japanese breadcrumbs • Oil for frying
Procedure: 1. Make Tuna Salad: Combine 2 cans of tuna in water or oil (drained), ? cup Japanese mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon calamansi juice, 1 teaspoon mustard, salt, and pepper in a bowlr .
2. Roll over each slice of bread with a rolling pin until ß attened.
3. Spread tuna salad on each slice, then place 2 strips each of carrot and cucumber on the edge of each slice.
4. Roll each slice to make a cylinder.
5. Slice into one-inch portions.
6. Chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
7. Place beaten eggs in a bowl. Place breadcrumbs in another bowl. Heat oil.
8. Dip each chilled roll into the eggs then roll in the breadcrumbs. Fry until it turns golden brown and crisp.
Photography by At Maculangan
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Celebrate your pregnancy milestones!
Enter your details below and receive weekly email guides on your baby's weight and height in cute illustration of Filipino fruits. PLUS get helpful tips from experts, freebies and more!
You're almost there! Check your inbox.
We sent a verification email. Can't find it? Check your spam, junk, and promotions folder.