- Real Parenting Moms Share What It's Like Being Told 'Nag-Iinarte Ka Lang'
- Preschooler Your Child's Bad and Aggressive Behavior May Be a Result of How You Treat Him
- News DILG Says Yes, Police Says No: Are Kids Below 15 Years Old Allowed In NCR Malls?
- Money Because 'Walang Trabahong Pang-Forever': 5 Lessons on Investing from Dimples Romana
Tuna SandwichMake this classic sandwich that’s perfect for merienda with the family.by Irene Nicolas-Recio .
Probably one of the most famous sandwiches ever made is the tuna sandwich. With it being delicious, nutritious, and easy to make, it’s also perfect for merienda or pambaon. Give it a little twist to make your loved ones flip for more.
You will need:
• 2 cans of tuna in vegetable oil
• green onions, chopped
• 2 large fresh tomatoes, sliced
• 1 cucumber, sliced
• ¼ cup mayonnaise (I like to use the sweet kind. If you prefer to pack in less calories you may opt to use the low-cal or low-fat kind)
• shredded parmesan cheese
• 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
• slices of white bread
1. Cut the cucumber and tomatoes into thin slices. Chop the green onions finely.
2. Drain the oil from the cans of tuna and put the fish in a bowl. You may mash or shred the tuna if you find the pieces too chunky. They will spread out evenly, anyway, as you mix all the ingredients together later.
3. Add the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar (to give it that extra oomph), and green onions. Mix well.
4. Spread the mixture on one slice of bread. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on the tuna spread. Top with slices of tomatoes and cucumbers, and leaves of lettuce. Cover with another slice of bread on top.
5. You may cut the sandwich into four squares or four triangles and serve.
6. If you want a healthier option, you may use whole wheat bread slices instead of white bread. You may also use pan de sal. For an even more textured sandwich, you may also add some celery and/or pickle relish into the mixture. The sweet, salty, tangy, and crunchy combination will be a winner with your loved ones.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Photo from flickr.com
Trending in Summit Network