- News Chariz Solomon On Milk Oversupply: 'Hindi Ko Alam Saan Hinuhugot Ng Katawan Ko Yang Gatas'
- Love & Relationships Binuhusan Ng Tubig Ang Pinakamatigas Ang Ulo Sa Garcia Siblings!
- Love & Relationships 'I Was Bitter, Defensive, Unreasonable': How Chesca Kramer's Faith Helped Her Marriage
- Your Kid’s Health Inamin Ni Chesca Garcia Napatanong Siya Ng 'Why Is This Child Taller Than Gavin?'
Valentine Recipe: Mommy’s Sweethearts (Super Special French Toast)
As a loving gesture this Valentine's, whip up this classic breakfast recipe with a special twist.by Pixie Sevilla-Santos .
Mommy’s Sweethearts or Super Special French Toast
What you’ll need:
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup full cream milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- 4 raisin bread slices
- ½ cup butter or
- 8 tablespoons butter
- Powdered sugar
- Fresh strawberries or canned strawberry filling
- Whipped cream or crème fraiche*,if available
- Mint leaves
CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended VideosADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Prepare batter by whisking together the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a big bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare bread slices by trimming off the brown sides. With a large heart-shaped cookie cutter or any Valentine’s Day-themed cutters, cut shapes on bread slices. Set aside. In a non-stick skillet, heat a tablespoon or two of butter. Dip a shaped bread slice into the prepared batter. Place the dipped bread on the skillet. Cook until golden brown; turn over to cook other side. Remove from heat and place on a serving plate. Repeat with other bread slices. Place at least three bread slices on a plate. Sift powdered sugar over them. Top with sliced strawberries. Pipe with a generous amount of whipped cream on top.
- Finish off with a mint leaf.
Trending in Summit Network