Ikaw Naman, Hubby! 3 Easy Dishes To Request Your Husband To Cook Over The WeekendReady your apron, dad. It’s your time to shine in the kitchen!CREATED WITH CDO SWEET HAM
Do you spend most of the weekdays cooking meals for the entire family, mom? Take a break from the kitchen for a while, and ask hubby to take over!
As you may also want to slow down on the weekends, ease up the chore by requesting dishes that are easy to make, yet are similarly filling and enjoyable even for the kids. For example, the meals below, which are made with CDO Sweet Ham!
With the versatile CDO Sweet Ham on hand, meals for breakfast, lunch, merienda, or dinner are all easy and fun to whip up! The kids will love its meaty, sweet-salty flavors, too!
Make sure to stock up on CDO Sweet Ham, and let your hubby try the following dishes over the weekend.
How to make Ham Waffles
Weekends mean late mornings, and late mornings call for brunch! Here’s the ideal brunch dish to request from your hubby, which the kids would love: thick waffles with tender CDO Sweet Ham and apple slices! Remember to drizzle with syrup!
- 1 box waffle mix
- 2 1/2 tbsps maple syrup
- 3 tbsps butter
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- salt to taste
- 6 pcs CDO Sweet Ham
- 1/2 apple, sliced into thin wedges
- In a bowl, prepare the waffle batter according to package instructions. Then, add maple syrup, butter, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt to the batter. Mix well.
- Cook 4-inch waffles in a waffle maker. Once done, set aside.
- In a skillet, fry CDO Sweet Ham and apple slices for 1 minute on each side. Set aside.
- Spread butter on one side of each waffle.
- Stack cooked ingredients in this order: waffle, CDO Sweet Ham, then apple slices.
- Drizzle with maple syrup or serve it on the side.
How to make Ham and Pineapple Skewers
Meat skewers are generally served at picnics, but no one said you can’t enjoy them indoors, too! Instead of asking hubby to grill marinated pork chunks for lunch, why not go for an upgraded but still super tasty route using CDO Sweet Ham, pineapple, and bell peppers?
- 5 pcs CDO Sweet Ham, sliced into thick strips
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Thread CDO Sweet Ham, pineapples, and bell peppers alternately onto the barbecue sticks.
- Brush the finished skewers with barbecue sauce.
- Grill for 5 to 10 minutes, or until browned enough. Serve with rice.
How to make Ham and Cheesy Potatoes
For your weekend dinner, why not challenge your hubby to go all out? Encourage him to polish his baking skills by creating this cheesy potato dish made meaty with CDO Sweet Ham!
- 4 tbsps unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 cups potatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 pcs CDO Sweet Ham, diced
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes. Then, follow it up with garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add flour and stir for 1 minute. Pour in milk and stir together for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add salt, pepper, and cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted. Remove sauce from the skillet.
- In a baking dish, place half of the sliced potatoes at the bottom, top with CDO Sweet Ham, then pour in the sauce. Repeat the layers and cover tightly with foil. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes until potatoes are tender and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve.
As long as you’ve got something as versatile as CDO Sweet Ham in your freezer, making delicious food for the entire family wouldn’t be a hardship. It could even be fun and enjoyable — especially on the weekends!
So, what are you waiting for? Get your family’s #WeekendsUpgraded with the help of CDO Sweet Ham!