- News Get A Chance To Win P100,000 By Sharing Your Smart Parenting Story!
- Preschooler Matindi Ang Tigas Ang Ulo? Ang Posibleng Dahilan Ng Pagiging Sobrang Pasaway
- Getting Pregnant Totoo Ba na Bawal Maligo sa Gabi o Magsuot ng Kuwintas Kapag Buntis?
- News Amari Crawford Had The Most ‘Kagigil’ Photo, But Tamomo (Almost) Steals The Spotlight
10 Things to Do with your Child's Old School SuppliesGet creative and extend the usefulness of your child’s old school supplies.
Many preschools are officially starting summer vacation this week, thus it’s also time for cleaning up the study drawer and supplies cabinet. In doing so, you may find that your child has surplus school supplies – some unused crayons, art paper, plastic envelopes, a notebook with plenty of blank pages. Wouldn’t it be such a shame to simply toss them into the wastebasket after spending hard-earned money on them? Just because the school year has ended doesn’t mean that their usefulness has to end, too.
If you want to get more value for your money, think of clever ways to reuse them. Here are our ten suggestions:ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Carefully tear off clean sheets from your child’s used notebooks and stitch the pages together with yarn and a big needle to create a homemade sketchpad.
- Donate old textbooks to a charitable institution or a child benefit organization.
- Hand down old school uniforms or just parts of them like polo patches to a younger student, or cut old pants and turn them into shorts.
- Gather markers and colored pencils in one box for your kids’ arts and crafts activities, or if they simply want to doodle.
- Use old binders and transform them into makeshift photo albums.
- Melt broken crayons to come up with new ones your child can draw with at home.
- Old lunchboxes or lunch bags can be used as storage for recipes or other knick knacks.
- Use erasers to remove marks of crayons or markers around the house. You can also use them to remove sticker adhesive residue off most surfaces, such as bottles.
- Clean old rulers or protractors as these can still be used for the next academic school year.
- Get creative and make a collage poster. Gather pictures of your child’s favorite cartoon characters and paste these onto old folders. Cover with plastic to keep off dust.
• August 12, 2010. Aaron Michelle. “How to Recycle School Supplies” AssociatedContent.com
• Emhardegree. “5 Ways to Recycle School Supplies” HubPages.com
• Joeydaniel. “How to Recycle School Supplies: Summer Activity” Ehow.com
• Lisa Carey. “Making Old New Again: Recycling School Supplies” Greenjoyment.com
Trending in Summit Network