- Labor & Childbirth Labor And Delivery Horror Stories: 'Nakakawala Ng Dignidad Manganak'
- Preschooler 10 Etiquette Lessons To Help Your Child Grow Up Kind, Well-Behaved, And Respectful
- Your Health My Partner Died While I Was On My Third Trimester: 'It Was Just Gallstones'
- Home How This Single Mom Became A Homeowner At 25: 'Ayaw Ko Nang Palipat-Lipat Kami'
3 Easy All-Natural Air Freshener Sprays for a Lovely Scented HomeYou can make these at home yourself, and there's a ingredient that we think you will find surprising.
Moms are always on the lookout for natural home products since we don’t want hazardous chemicals near our little ones. But did you know that instead of scouring the grocery aisle shelves for a chemical-free air freshener spray you can easily DIY your own? Eliminate bad odors and achieve a lovely smelling home with these recipes:
Simple DIY Air Freshener Spray
The witch hazel in this recipe by Tracey Black of dontmesswithmama.com purifies your DIY air freshener allowing it to last a month in the bottle. We recommend getting Dickinson’s Witch Hazel Toner (buy a 59mL bottle for P75 at Healthy Options) as it’s completely all natural. Alcohol or vodka can also be used as an alternative. Use it on anywhere from linens, shoes, garbage cans to bathrooms. Just pick your favorite scent and spray away!
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- 10 drops of essential oils (try lavender, lemon, eucalyptus or peppermint)
- 1/4 cup witch hazel, alcohol or vodka
- 1 cup filtered water
Simply mix all the ingredients in a bottle together and you’re good to go. For ideas on different combinations of essential oils you can try out (like peppermint and rosemary), check out The Prairie Homestead.
What other parents are reading
Baking Soda DeodorizerCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
If you’re really looking to get rid of stink, turn to baking soda. It will neutralize any bad odors around your home, think shoe cabinet and your pet’s favorite hangout spot. And, a few drops of your favorite essential oil into the spray will make everything smell better than ever before. Feel free to tweak this recipe by Robin Konie of thankyourbody.comto your liking.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 5 to 6 drops of essential oils (try lavender, lemon, eucalyptus or peppermint)
- Distilled water
Simply mix all the ingredients in a bottle together and you’re good to go. For more ideas on different combinations of essential oils you can try out (like lavender and vanilla), check out Hello Glow.
It’s no secret that lemon and basil go well together. The fragrance of basil adds a richness to the tangy scent of the lemon. It’s refreshing and calming at the same time. You could buy this delightful scent in stores, but it’s cheaper to make your own. It’s super easy, too. Here's a recipe we spotted at ViralNova.com.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons dried basil
- 3/4 cup water
- Coffee filter
- 1 tablespoon vodka
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
1. Boil 1/2 cup of water in a pot and add the dried basil. Let steep for a few minutes.
2. With the coffee filter, filter the basil out. Pour the now fragrant liquid into a spray bottle.
3. Boil 3/4 cup of water, add in vodka and essential oil. Add the mixture to the spray bottle.
4. Shake well.
Trending in Summit Network