- Big Kids These Pinoy-Tailored Games Will Help You And The Kids Learn Math (It's Free!)
- Toddler 5 Things No One Tells You About Potty Training: 'Prepare For Poop On The Couch'
- Your Health How To Clean A UV Light Lamp Because Not Knowing Is Dangerous
- Money How To Avoid Getting Scammed When Looking For Online Data Entry Jobs
4 Ways You're Ruining Your Towels Without Knowing ItHow often do you wash your bathroom essentials?
Bath linen is more important than you think. Whether it's Egyptian fabric or generic cotton, it's vital that you take care of your towels and bathrobes -- they don't come cheap, after all.
To make sure they last a long time, make sure you don't practice any of these bad habits:ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
1. Not washing them frequently enough.
Washing them once a week is not enough to keep your towels clean! Since you use them everyday, try washing them more often to keep dirt from staining them permanently. Every three to four days should do the trick.
2. Using too much detergent.
Being heavy-handed with detergent can result to a film residue over your towels. This makes them scratchy and rough over time, which cannot be a good thing. Remember to use just the right amount of detergent and being more careful with the actual washing.CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
More from Smart ParentingADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
3. Using the wrong fabric conditioner.
Strong fabric softeners can affect a towel's absorbency or leave a waxy buildup over the fabric. Since you're supposed to wash towels often, it's best to skip the conditioner all together.
4. Not being careful about the products it comes in contact with.
Are you wondering why there are white specks all over your colored robes and towels? Although you don't use bleach, you can still get discoloration from acne-fighting face washes or whitening toothpastes.
Source: Apartment Therapy
This story originally appeared on Realliving.com.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Smartparenting.com.ph editors.
Trending in Summit Network