- Real Parenting Pagkatapos Mapalaki Ang 5 Anak, Mag-Asawa Nag-Ampon Ng 7 Naulilang Magkakapatid
- Baby 'My Baby Was Born With His Organs Sticking Outside of His Belly'
- Getting Pregnant Masama Ang Epekto Ng Stress Sa Buntis, Ayon Sa Maraming Pag-aaral
- News Probinsya Life Na Si Bettinna Carlos And Family: 'Nasanay Ako Sa Condo For Many Years'
6 Styling Tips That Will Make Your Tiny Living Room Look HugeMake the most of your space with these ideas
It's safe to say that many homeowners spend a great deal of time and effort in keeping the living area neat and presentable. Aside from welcoming guests in the space, it's where we unwind after a long day and even enjoy bonding time with the family. It goes without saying that having limited space for your living area can be a real challenge.
Don't worry, with the right styling tricks, you can still live large in a small space. Maximize every inch of your home while giving it a designer edge with these ideas:
1. Go monochromatic.
If you have bulky pieces like armoires and bookcases, consider painting them in the same color as your walls to make these obtrusive built-ins "disappear" into the space.
2. Work with secret multitaskers.
If you're working with limited space, sometimes, even a side table can't squeeze into your living area. If this is the case, use a smaller slipper chair instead.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
3. Invest in a center table that can double as a work desk.
If you work from home a lot, it might be a smart idea to make certain spaces multitask. Look for a sturdy table with a solid base. It should be durable enough to last for years.CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
4. Floating shelves create the illusion of a taller space.
Open, industrial shelves make clever use of vertical space. Not only are the items easily accessible, they create a strong visual statement as well.
5. Folding and sliding doors make tight spaces feel larger.
Instead of sticking to traditional doors going into the surrounding rooms from the living area, consider experimenting with French or sliding barn doors. This makes your space more flexible and allow more natural light to filter through the rooms.
6. Avoid dark colors altogether.
We're all for using moody tones in small spaces, but when it isn't done the right way, it can make the space look more cramped. Stick to a limited color scheme of three colors to make the space feel free-flowing and open.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
This story originally appeared on Realliving.com.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Smartparenting.com.ph editors.
Trending in Summit Network