Our refrigerators are intended to keep food fresh, but it seems that there is never enough space to store our produce and leftovers in it. We're sure a lot of you are nodding in agreement.
Believe it or not, you don't need to buy a two-door unit to extend your storage—sometimes, you just have to utilize clever hacks from the World Wide Web. Take your pick from a collection of tips gathered from Pinterest and homekeeping groups below:
1. A used egg carton can be repurposed as a condiment holder. It is especially perfect for holding bottles upside down so you can get the most out of every bottle.
2. Soda and juice bottles have a way of taking over the fridge, especially if you like to stock up on refreshments. The solution? Sticking magnets that will store any bottle with a metal cap. This way, they're easy to reach while leaving you with room below for other things.
3. For bottles that don't have metal lids, you can get clever with binder clips. Clip a pair or two on the refrigerator slats to hold your bottle pyramid in place.
4. There's another smart hack using binder clips for fridge storage: if you're clipping a bag of veggies or chips close, you can attach it on the slats of the shelf. You can see everything faster this way while keeping the goods fresh and crisp.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
5. Built-in egg trays in fridges are never enough! Store more with a decorative wire basket placed above the built-in tray.