- Labor & Childbirth Giving Birth In The Time Of COVID-19? What To Expect When You Go To The Hospital
- Baby What You Need To Know To Protect Your Newborn From COVID-19
- News We Are Now Required To Wear Face Masks When We Step Out And Shop For Groceries
- Love & Relationships Moms On Dads During Quarantine: 'Maaasahan Rin Pala Sa Bahay Kahit Hindi Inuutusan'
7 DIY Halloween Costumes & Props from SP MomsNo idea yet what Halloween costume to get for your kiddo? On a budget? Check out these tried and tested DIY Halloween costume and prop ideas from SP moms.by Jazer Basan .
Read on to learn more about making a Tinkerbell Halloween costume.
• Tulle (illusion) - Php20.00/yard in Divisoria
• Waffle headband - about Php30.00 in Department Stores
Fairy Top materials:
• plain kiddie sando
• small fabric flower accessories (in color matching your tutu skirt)
• sewing needle, sewing thread (neutral or matching color)
1. Hand-sew the flower accessories around the sando's neckline.
2. You can also add some tulle strips and ribbons to make a dramatic matching from the tutu.
• Sando - Php89.00/pair
• Flower accessories - Php50.00/pack at department stores
Mrs Castillo looks forward to using the same costume on her daughter for Hallooween.
Edith Tapao is a collector of kid costumes who has helped fellow Smart Parenting forum members. She herself put together her daugher Ashken Tamara's costume as Princess Aurora.
She found the first garment, a Princess Aurora top, at a second-hand clothes store. Knowing that finding the pair would be hard, she thought of copying the design and creating another style with it. She matched the top with her daughter's pink tutu skirt and added a pink cape from an old costume stock.
Accessorizing it with a wand and tiara completes the set. "Its fun creating costumes from simple plain gowns to a fairy princess costume. I cut the garment above the knee when it’s too long and turn it to a colorful fairy costume. My daughter also helps me decorate it. It's just like a day of recreation for us".
Edith is also known as Tamara at Smart Parenting Parent Chat Community.
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Click here to learn more about making a Ben10 Halloween costume.
Trending in Summit Network