- Home Done With Your Grocery Run? How To Properly Disinfect Your Clothes When Returning Home
- Food Craving for Carbs? Here Are The Stores Delivering Freshly Baked Bread
- Preschooler Baby Shark And Paw Patrol Hand Washing Videos Are Here (Hang In There, Parents)
- News Mahal Na Araw 2020: Paano Ang Paggunita Ng Semana Santa Sa Gitna Ng COVID-19?
7 DIY Halloween Costumes & Props from SP MomsNo idea yet what Halloween costume to get for your kiddo? On a budget? Check out these tried and tested DIY Halloween costume and prop ideas from SP moms.by Jazer Basan .
Halloween's coming up, have you got an idea for a costume already? Here are tried and tested ideas from Smart Parenting Parent Chat Community members. Read on how these practical parents made the whole family happy and saving their budget while at it.
1. Tinkerbell / Fairy
A fairy costume may look expensive but it's surprisingly easy to make and budget-friendly too. Practical Mom Mary Rose Francisco- Castillo shows how.
Also known as Mayumi in Smart Parenting online forum, she was motivated to make her own tutu for her daughter Nicky to cut off expenses for her first birthday party.
Looking at expensive tutus sold in malls, she figured it's just easy to make and tulle is a very affordable material. She found a no-sew tutu tutorial video over the internet and was happy with the outcome. Below is her step-by step procedure on how she made the Tinkerbell costume.
No-sew Tutu Skirt
• 2-8 yards tulle (depends on baby's built & your desired puffiness )
• waffle headband or a ribbon,
1. Cut the tulle into strips 2-4 inches wide, with the length depending on your preference.
2. After cutting, fasten the tulle strips to the headband/ribbon. You can use fabric glue or just tie it around through a loop.
3. The "through the loop" is easier to do and for this procedure, the length of the cut should be twice the desired skirt length.
4. Add more tulle strips to make the tutu thicker and fluffier.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Click here to learn more about making a Tinkerbell Halloween costume.1 of 9 NEXT
Trending in Summit Network