- Baby Excited To Bring Your Newborn Home? Expert Lists 3 Things You Need To Prepare First
- Baby Chat With Smart Parenting On Messenger And Get The Pregnancy And Baby Essentials You Need!
- Home Start Your Garden Now! The Best Indoor Plants for Beginners
- Inspiration Pinay Flight Attendants Band Together To Help 400 Displaced OFWs In Saudi Arabia
7 Things to Love In A Bright and Airy Family HomeDiscover an idea or two that can help you achieve a simple yet welcoming space.
Furnishing a new house is an exciting milestone for any homeowner. While there are those who would splurge on furniture and accessories, there are some who’d settle for modest yet sturdy must-haves that create a lasting impact.
If you’ve recently bought a new property, you can take inspiration from this family home in Cavite. With the help of design consultant Grace Moslares, the owners were able to achieve not only the look they want, but the relaxing and comfortable ambiance that they long for, too. Here are seven things worth noting in the space:
1. The subtle colors that liven up the living areaADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
To achieve the relaxing feel the family wanted, Grace chose light and calming colors. Going for neutrals can make it easier for the owners to update the space and bring in accessories. To keep the living area from being boring, colors like yellow and blue were added using the pillows and area rug.
Tip: If you're decorating with pillows, you can invest in different covers! The Nifty Decorator has tons of charming designs you may want to check out.
2. The abundance of natural lightADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
When they were looking for a new house, the homeowners wanted a place outside Manila. The reason? They want to enjoy a serene space, away from the chaos of the city.
To turn the property into a tranquil sanctuary, the designer made sure to maximize natural light. Sheer white curtains allow light to pass through. Complementing it are minimal decor pieces to keep the vibe light, and a few plants to add to the refreshing, paradise-like feel.
What other parents are reading
3. The multipurpose kitchen counterADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Many of us know that an additional island or counter in the kitchen can serve as extra prep area when cooking. To make the most of this addition, you can also use it as a bar/breakfast nook. Invest in stools that you can keep under the counter so the area looks organized all the time. Consider installing hooks to hold glasses perfect for wine, and mugs for your hot cocoa or coffee, too.
4. The compact yet elegant dining areaADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
A limited floor area shouldn't stop you from having a sophisticated and inviting dining space. To give this part of the home an upgrade, take your cue from the photo above. Invest in a sturdy dining table and reward yourself with upholstered dining chairs. Spruce up the table with a table runner and an eye-catching centerpiece. If your budget permits, get a pretty chandelier to serve as focal point. You can also opt for a set of pendant lamps.
5. The serene, hotel-like bedroomADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
We can always count on white sheets and pillow covers to give the bedroom an upgrade. These furnishings can make anyone feel at ease and ready for bed in an instant. Complete the look of your bedroom by having scented candles or a reed diffuser on your nightstand.
Tip: Invest in the details, too! See how the trim of the bed frame matches that of the window and ceiling crown molding? This is something you can consider if you're saving up for a quick home improvement project.
What other parents are reading
6. The closet and work area in oneADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
This is a perfect example of how one can make the most of a corner. A tiny work/study area was carved out in the middle of the cabinets to give the occupant a spot where she can read or study. By adding a mirror, it can serve as a makeshift vanity, too!
7. The tropical-inspired bathroomADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
The bathroom would remind you of a resort with its wood-patterned ceramic tiles that work well with the white fixtures. To add depth to the space, Grace also added black tiles in the middle. Aside from adding warmth, these tiles contribute to the overall Zen feel of the home.
Tip: If you also want to work with wood-patterned ceramic tiles, Wilcon Depot has options you can choose from. Click here to see a list of branches.
This story originally appeared on Realliving.com.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Smartparenting.com.ph editors.
Trending in Summit Network