- Labor & Childbirth Giving Birth In The Time Of COVID-19? What To Expect When You Go To The Hospital
- Baby What You Need To Know To Protect Your Newborn From COVID-19
- News We Are Now Required To Wear Face Masks When We Step Out And Shop For Groceries
- Love & Relationships Moms On Dads During Quarantine: 'Maaasahan Rin Pala Sa Bahay Kahit Hindi Inuutusan'
9 Feng Shui Tips to Create a Peaceful BedroomBecause you deserve a tranquil retreat at the end of the day
There’s nothing better than coming home, after a hectic day, to a space that is quiet, serene, and refreshing, which only fills you with positive energy. If you want to achieve that vibe, applying the principles of feng shui to your home can be of great help. Here are ways to apply feng shui to your bedroom, in particular, to help you achieve the peaceful space you deserve.
1. Clear out the clutterADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
This one is a no-brainer: the sight of junk will only cause you to feel stressed out every time you’re in your room. So if you want to instantly reduce the stress you feel whenever you’re in your bedroom, chucking out the clutter is absolutely necessary. In particular, take away whatever you may have stashed under your bed, as they can keep energy from flowing easily.
2. Invest in a quality bed and sheetsADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
You won’t be able to get a good night’s sleep if you’re not resting on a great mattress or if you’re wrapped up in sheets that are uncomfortable for you. Investing in high-quality mattresses and sheets will always be a great investment—plus, you’re guaranteed a restful slumber every night!
3. Make sure you have enough spaceADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Additionally, when looking for a mattress, take size into consideration. Feng shui experts recommend getting a full- or queen-sized bed, as this will allow for comfort and proper circulation of chi. A perfectly-sized bed will also ensure that you have enough space on both sides, which creates a sense of balance and stability.
More from Smart Parenting
4. Don’t forget the headboardADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Another important thing to consider in relation to what bed you’ll use is the headboard. For feng shui experts, having a headboard on your bed will help make you feel safe and protected when you go to sleep. As much as possible, your headboard should be made of wood, but DIY ones can do as well.
5. Keep lighting under controlADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Proper lighting can do wonders for a home, as it can affect a person’s mood or energy. The same principle applies inside the bedroom. If possible, install a dimmer switch in your room, so that you can control how bright or dark your space is at any given time. Otherwise, take the time to try out different kinds of bulbs and pick out which one works best for you.
6. Know what should be kept outsideADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
The bedroom is supposed to be a peaceful sanctuary, and to preserve the positive energy in that space, there are several things that should be left outside, such as electronic devices (including your smart phone and laptop) and exercise equipment. These objects will only bring stress into your room and keep you from being able to fully unwind.
7. Fix—or get rid of—whatever is old or brokenADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
If you want to come home to a space that uplifts you, getting rid of items that only stir up unpleasant vibes will be very helpful. Even the things that you’ve left somewhere in your room which may not even be working anymore should be thrown out—or, at least, you should make the time to get them finally fixed.
8. Let the air flowADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Having clean and fresh air circulating inside the bedroom is also helpful in building a positive atmosphere, so during the day, leave your windows open for a while. If this is not an option for you, you can use an air purifier instead. You may also want to invest in a fragrance for your room. Go for essential oils that will help you relax, like lavender or orange.
9. Fill your space with soothing colorsADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Instead of using bright colors like red and orange, paint your bedroom walls in hues that will soothe you the minute you look at them. Some choices you can go for are earth tones like blue and green.
10. Position mirrors wisely
Mirrors are great for making spaces look bigger and more airy, but if you’re going to put some in your bedroom, where you put them is going to matter. Feng shui experts say that it would be wise not to place a mirror directly across your bed, since mirrors can bounce energy around the room and make it difficult for you to go to sleep.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Source: House Beautiful
This story originally appeared on Realliving.com.ph.
*Minor edits have been made by the SmartParenting.com.ph editors.
Trending in Summit Network