- Labor & Childbirth Pinay Moms Share Their Best and Worst Childbirth Experiences: 'I Wish I Was Not Induced'
- Preschooler Raise a Bilingual Child! Start With These Children's Books in Cebuano, Waray, and More
- Your Kid’s Health Lapitin ba ng Lamok Ang Iyong Anak? 5 Rason Kaya Siya Kinakagat
- Toddler Reading With Your Child Reduces 'Harsh Parenting,' Study Finds
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
Bill for Minimum Wage of House Helpers or “Kasambahays” ApprovedLearn more how the newly passed Kasambahay Bill can ensure the welfare and additional benefits for your household helpers.
The Senate recently approved the third and last reading of Senate Bill No. 78 for the increase of the minimum wage of house helpers, or “kasambahays.” The said bill will provide additional benefits for helpers, once signed into the constitution by President Noynoy Aquino.
Introduced by Senator Jinggoy Estrada states that the minimum wage should be a minimum of P2,500 for house helpers in Metro Manila, a minimum of P2,000 for helpers in chartered cities and first-class municipalities and a minimum of P1,500 for those helpers employed in third-class municipalities.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Employers are required to pay for their house helpers’ SSS (Social Security System), Philippine Health Insurance Commission (Philhealth), Home Development Mutual Fund (Pag-IBIG) and Employees’ Compensation Commission (ECC) benefits.
To guarantee that these are fulfilled, the Kasambahay Bill requires a contract between the employer and employee in a language intelligible to both. The contract should not exceed two years, as well as indicate the working hours and rest days for the household helpers.
"All human beings, no matter their station in life, should be accorded full dignity and guaranteed full respect for human rights," said Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile. "Most house helpers endure abuse in the hands of their employers. This bill not only ensures the rights of our helpers, but will also protect them from being maltreated."
• December 13, 2010. “Senate OKs higher wages for house helpers,” Ph.News.Yahoo.com
• December 13, 2010. “Senate OKs kasambahay bill on 3rd reading,” GMANews.TVADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW