- Your Kid’s Health Inamin Ni Chesca Garcia Napatanong Siya Ng 'Why Is This Child Taller Than Gavin?'
- Toddler How to Stop Overindulging Your Child: Don't Raise a Selfish Generation!
- Real Parenting Jake Ejercito On Co-Parenting With Andi Eigenmann: 'It Wasn't Always This Easy'
- News New Mom Assunta de Rossi Shares Story Behind Fiore's Full Name
Bottled Water Brands Fail Report, says Environmental GroupHalf out of 173 bottled water brands fail a transparency test from a leading research and advocacy group.
A new report from the Environmental Working Group (EWG), a major research and advocacy group based in Washington D.C., confirms that out of 173 bottled water brands, around half failed a transparency test.
The analysis involved researching whether these products and their company websites shared information on the source of the water, the treatment process, results of purity testing, as well as the effectiveness of these water treatment methods.
According to EWG, many of these brands failed because they were deliberately hiding something. Said Jane Houlihan, EWG senior vice-president, "Bottled water companies try hard to hide information you might find troubling. They don’t tell where the water comes from and what pollutants they may have found. Their ads depict mountain streams and natural springs. Yet nearly half the time, according to the industry’s own statistics, they’re bottling tap water.”
Out of the 173 brands surveyed, only three had passing marks.
Consumers are reminded that the higher cost of bottled water does not necessarily mean higher quality. The report further encourages the public to opt for bottled water brands that make use of advanced treatment technologies, such as osmosis and microfiltration.
To see the complete list of the bottled water brands’ scores, click here.
Photo from sxc.hu
• Kristal Roberts. January 6, 2011. “New report grades bottled water brands, many failed” ABCActionNews.com
• Matthew Hogg BSc (Hons). January 6, 2011. “Bottled water not the healthy and environmentally friendly option: EWG investigation” EI-Resource.org
• Summer. January 10, 2011. “How Much Do You Know About Bottled Water?” GrowingYourBaby.comADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Trending in Summit Network