Today, Dyson unveiled the Dyson Digital SlimTM vacuum, a lightweight yet powerful cord-free vacuum engineered to deliver a barefoot clean.
The Dyson Digital SlimTM vacuum is designed to be both 20% smaller and 30% lighter than its predecessor1. It is powered by a Dyson HyperdymiumTM motor and 11 highly efficient cyclones, which help ensure there is no loss of suction2, and features carbon fiber filaments for fine dust pick-up.
“To make a strong-performing vacuum, it must effectively capture fine dust and small debris [while maintaining] a constant powerful suction,” said founder and chief engineer James Dyson.
“In our latest machine, we set about going even further, seeking to condense our proprietary cleaning technologies, making our lightest machine to date — while refusing to sacrifice cleaning performance.”
“Starting at the floor, we’ve completely re-engineered our soft fluffy cleaner head, introducing a light, robust brush bar and a compact, lower-profile cleaner head for tight spaces and improved edge pick-up3,” he added.
To create a vacuum engineered with Asian homeowners in mind, home trials were conducted to better understand their cleaning habits and the ergonomics behind cord-free vacuuming. Dyson engineers discovered cleaning is more frequent in Asian homes, and that the prevalence of hard floors demands superior fine dust pick-up.
In developing the Dyson Digital SlimTM vacuum, the engineers focused on making a lighter machine more suited to frequent cleaning habits, with a shorter wand to complement those with a smaller physique, and with powerful suction to give a barefoot clean.
In essence, the Dyson Digital SlimTM vacuum has the high-performing technology capabilities of a Dyson V11TM cord-free vacuum — all while being smaller and lighter.
Key features of the Dyson Digital SlimTM vacuum:
- Soft and lightweight roller cleaner head with a low profile: Dyson engineers stitched the carbon fiber filament and felt on the cleaner head together rather than using adhesive, which enabled significant weight-loss4. Despite the downsizing, the Dyson Digital SlimTM vacuum achieves similar pick-up as the Dyson V11TM cord-free vacuum, picking up large debris and fine dust simultaneously. The airflow path through the cleaner head was also re-engineered to create a more direct path for the airflow. This smooths out sharp corners and creates a more direct and even route for the airflow from the floor into the neck of the cleaner head, allowing for better edge-cleaning performance.
- Light body and a small wand: While the Dyson V11TM cord-free vacuum cleaner’s main body is made of two pieces, the Dyson Digital SlimTM vacuum is one piece, with the seals, rivets, and thickness of walls all paired down to achieve weight reduction. Its wand is 15% shorter and 6.3-mm thinner than the Dyson V11TM series.
- An adapted Dyson HyperdymiumTM motor: The motor spins up to 120,000 rpm, creating a powerful suction. Its ceramic shaft is cured at 1,600°C to make it three-times harder than steel, yet with half the density.
- 11 scrolled cyclones: At 100,000 g, the 11 scrolled cyclones have been redesigned to fit the machine and ensure dust and dirt are removed from the airflow. A wider radius at the entry point helps reduce energy losses, scrolling air in at a less tangential angle to reduce air resistance. As the cyclones narrow, the air is accelerated to create centrifugal forces that capture fine particles. Properly functioning cyclones are key to no loss of suction as it means less fine dust is pushed into the pre/post-motor filters. Efficient cyclones topped with a powerful Dyson HyperdymiumTM motor generate one continuous airflow from the cleaner head pick-up through the cyclones and filter out to the exhaust.
- 3-in-1 cleaner: The Dyson Digital SlimTM vacuum cleans floors, mattresses, and hard-to-reach areas with different attachments5.
- Powerful filtration system: Its whole machine filtration captures 99.99% of microscopic particles as small as 0.3 microns6, expelling clean air. With an airtight gasket around the cyclone assembly and a pressurized rubber seal around the advanced filter, the whole system is fully sealed – preventing dust from leaking back into the air.
- LCD screen and easy grip: The Dyson Digital SlimTM vacuum has an LCD screen that shows the cleaning mode and remaining run time. It also provides filter maintenance reminders and blockage reports. It also has a better grip, with the circumference of the handle made smaller to allow for an easier and more comfortable grip for people with smaller hands. The shape of the trigger has also been contoured for greater comfort for a finger.
- Easy maintenance: The machine has been engineered for smoother, easier dirt ejection. The brush bar, clear bin, combined pre/post-motor filter, and light-up crevice tool are all washable.
- Energy-dense battery: The removable, fade-free battery is made up of five nickel-cobalt-aluminium battery cells. It runs up to 40 minutes in Eco mode on hard floors and up to 5 minutes in Boost mode7. The battery is also swappable, providing up to 80 minutes of run time in Eco mode8.
The Dyson Digital SlimTM vacuum is available now and is priced at PHP 29,900 (SRP) at www.dyson.ph and Dyson Demo Stores in Greenbelt 5, The Podium, SM Aura Premier, SM Mall of Asia, and major electrical department stores.
1 Weight compared to Dyson V11TM (main body, wand, and fluffy cleaner head)
2 Suction tested to IEC 62885-2 CL5.8 and CL5.9, loaded to bin full, in Boost mode internally at Dyson and at independent third-party laboratories. Based on internal experiments or collection of Dyson data, except where the source is indicated otherwise. Actual results may vary depending on the environment and method of use.
3 Compared to Dyson V11TM fluffy cleaner head
4 Weight is 40% lighter and profile is 20% lower than the Dyson V11TM fluffy cleaner head
5 Dyson Digital SlimTM’s 3-in-1 features include floor, handheld, and mattress cleaning
6 Based on ASTM F1977-04 test standard
7 Run time may vary depending on usage and floor type
8 When the second battery is purchased. Based on two fully charged batteries, each battery can provide up to 40 minutes of hard-floor cleaning using the fluffy cleaner head in Eco mode, up to 5 minutes in Boost mode. Run time may vary depending on usage and floor type.