- Labor & Childbirth 5 Reasons Why Babies Get 'Stuck' During Labor
- Love & Relationships Mickey Ferriols On Forgiving Son's Dad: Walang Maidudulot Na Maganda Ang Pagiging Bitter
- News Drew Arellano Thinks Rizal Is A Good Spot For His Future Family Home
- Health & Nutrition Aicelle Santos Suffers From Gestational Diabetes: 'Gustong-Gusto Ko Ng Tinapay'
Feng Shui for the Home: 5 Tips to Stay Safe Throughout the Ghost MonthFor those who believe in Feng Shui, there are things you can do to calm down these restless spiritsby Jing Lejano .
Last August 14 marked the start of the Ghost Month, an occasion celebrated by the Chinese community. It will be observed until September 12, with its peak taking place on August 28. According to Feng Shui and Astrology expert Master Hanz Cua, these days are usually characterized by tragedy and sadness so people postpone potentially life-changing occasions until after the Ghost Festival.
No new businesses are opened and families do not move into new homes or start any major renovation projects. If you believe in Feng Shui and would want to try a couple of easy tips to keep the home safe from restless spirits, here are 5 must-dos to consider:
1. Make sure your house is well-litADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Hungry ghosts are said to be attracted by dark, quiet, and depressing-looking spaces (also known as yin places). Leave a lamp open in common areas. Double-check all lighting fixtures–including the ones outdoors. If there are broken bulbs, make sure you replace them as s00n as possible.
Photo by Marc Jao
2. Reschedule your renovationADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
If you are planning a home makeover, it’s best to leave things as they are for the meantime. Consider this as an extra period to plan everything -– gather more pegs and make use of the time to save more money and scout for the right furniture.
3. Use saltADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
It is believed that rock salt can be used to absorb bad spirits. Place jars or cups filled with rock salt by the main door and window as well as in the usually undisturbed nooks and crannies of your home.
4. Maintain your garden
Keep in mind that hungry ghosts like forest-like locations. Make sure that your garden is always clean. Get rid of weeds and sweep away fallen leaves and branches.
Photo by Ocs Alvarez/ACME Visual Productions
5. Offer food and light incenseADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
You may choose to lay out a table filled with food as an offering for your dearly departed. Light nine sticks of incense and go through each room of the house. Moving clockwise, fill up every room with the fragrant smoke of incense -— this gives your house a good cleansing. It is advisable to do this ritual every week during Ghost Month.
For more information on Master Hanz Cua, go to www.masterhanzcua.com. You may also contact him at 0922-829-03820922-829-0382 or visit his store, 8 Treasures House of Mystical Charms, at Level 1, Shangri-La Plaza, Mandaluyong City.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
This story originally appeared on Realliving.com.ph.
Minor edits have been made by the SmartParenting.com.ph editors.
Trending in Summit Network