- Home 5 DIY Crafts That Will Turn Your Kalat And Old Things Into Useful House Items
- Toddler Kapag May Tantrum Ang Bata, Ito Ang Unang Gawin: Parenting Educator
- Home How To Stay Safe During Earthquakes If You Live In A Mid-Rise Or High-Rise Condo
- Real Parenting Ito Ang Technique Ni Pokwang Para Hindi Lumaking Entitled Si Malia
Food Storage Safety: How to stow and when to throwTake this quiz to find out just how much you know about food storage safety.by Bernadette Tan .
Read on to answer more questions about food storage and safety.
4. What is the average shelf life of poultry if properly stored in the freezer at -18°C (0°F)?
A. 2-4 months
B. 10-12 months
C. 4-6 weeks
According to the US FDA (United States Food and Drug Administration), poultry kept properly in the freezer will last for 12 months.
5. What is the average shelf life of fish and seafood if properly stored in the freezer at -18°C (0°F)?
A. 3- 6 months
B. 1 month
C. 6 weeks
According to the US FDA, fresh fish, shrimp, and scallops kept properly in the freezer will last for 3-6 months.
6. You’ll know your chicken’s not safe to eat when...
A. Wing tips are reddish.
B. It has been in the freezer for more than a week.
C. It begins to have purplish or greenish color and abnormal odor.
Poultry that has started to spoil may have purplish or greenish color, abnormal odor, stickiness under the wings and around joints and dark wing tips (red tips are acceptable).
7. Is it safe to buy eggs that are not refrigerated?
C. It doesn’t matter.
Eggs should be stored at 7°C or lower, which means they have to be refrigerated. This is especially recommended if serving eggs to pregnant women, children, elderly, and sick.
Click here to answer more questions about food storage and safety.
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Don't Miss Out On These!
Trending in Summit Network