- Real Parenting Andi Eigenmann First Thought She And Philmar Would Have Issues About Parenting Styles
- Real Parenting ‘Drum-Drum Ang Iniyak’ Ni Amy Perez Nang Magpaalam Ang Anak Para Bumukod
- News WHO Finally Confirms COVID-19 Is Airborne; DOH Recommends Open Ventilation, HEPA Filters
- News UPDATE: Philippine Red Cross Clarifies It Is Not Selling Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine
Mom we Love: Joyce MakitaloRenowned jewelry designer talks about how she developed her talent.
What started as a hobby when she was younger turned out to be a craft that would make her a respected name in the industry. Joyce Makitalo, jewelry designer and homeschooling mom to 3 kids, tells us how to hone that gift in children:
1. As a youngster, how did your talent in design manifest?
I was always asked to draw for my classmates when there were projects that require illustration. I doodled a lot during class, and some of my friends would buy an illustration board for me to doodle on, which they kept afterwards. I think my doodling paid off!
(Related story: How to Find and Nurture your Child's Strengths)
2. When is it appropriate for kids to wear jewelry?
I would recommend only crafty jewelry until age twelve. I remember losing a few pairs of gold earrings as a kid, and it made me feel awful.
3. What materials should jewelry for kids be made of?
Wood. For metal, white gold-plated sterling silver is nice.
4. Have you ever had clients who order your wares for their kids?
Not yet, although I've made a cuff for my daughter. But she has no patience for metal jewelry; she prefers friendship bands and vial pendants with tiny notes inside them!ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
(Related story: The Benefits of Homeschooling your Child)
Browse through the gallery to see photos of Joyce and her kids, and get a copy of Smart Parenting’s June issue to read about homeschooling and nurturing children's talents.
Photos by Shaira LunaCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Viewing as ListLaunch GalleryADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Trending in Summit Network