- Preschooler Don't Make an Angry Child Feel Better Right Away Just to Avoid a Meltdown
- Inspiration 28 Things Pinay Moms Would Tell Their Younger Selves: 'Never Settle for Less'
- Your Kid’s Health Moms Share the Home Remedies They Use When Their Children Have UTI
- Toddler Pinay Physician Mom DIYs 'Quiet Book' to Help Toddler Son Avoid Gadgets
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
Elmo's Answers to Kids' Questions Show Why Everyone Loves Him!This furry monster has kids and grown-ups tickled pink!by Kitty Elicay .
Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit educational organization behind the popular children’s show, Sesame Street, recently conducted a survey that found parents and teachers are worried that children are living in an unkind world and that people don’t go out of their way to help others.
How did the organization respond? It sent one of Sesame Street's most-loved characters on a mission to spread kindness by sharing as many laughs as possible. And you can't have a more fun ambassador than the show’s toddler-in-charge, Elmo. Who is this furry red monster?
More from Smart Parenting
1. Elmo first appeared on Sesame Street on its 12th season. He is a character that embodies love.
2. Elmo is three and a half years old. His birthday is on February 3!
3. Elmo’s favorite food is healthy! That includes mango, banana, and wasabi (that’s why he has no eyelids!).
4. Elmo’s parents are named Louie and Mae. Louie is a musician and a dancer who plays the saxophone. He taught Elmo how to tap dance! He is also deployed somewhere where he is “working” and “helping people.” Elmo’s mom, Mae, stays at home to take care of Elmo.
5. Elmo has a pet goldfish. Named Dorothy, her goldfish bowl is located in Elmo’s bedroom, and whenever Elmo feels lonely, Dorothy’s there to make him happy.
6. Elmo likes to draw. He painted his house with crayons, and his favorite thing to draw is himself!
7. Elmo loves telling jokes. He especially likes “Knock Knock” jokes!ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
More from Smart Parenting
Elmo visited the SmartParenting.com.ph's office, and it was mission accomplished, as you will see below.
Elmo encourages Pinoy kids to post a video telling a knock, knock joke, and then challenge someone else, like mom, dad or her best friend, to do the same. Upload the video with the hashtag #ShareTheLaughter. As Elmo says, “Laughing is the best way to spread kindness!”
Catch Sesame Street on Knowledge Channel starting September 18, from Monday to Friday at 7:30 a.m. with replays at 6:00 p.m. To learn more about the campaign, visit Sesame Street's website.