- Preschooler Balloons For Potty Training? This Preschool Teacher's 'Hack' Is Genius And Funny!
- Money Should I Continue Paying For My Parents' Utility Bills Now That I'm Married?
- Love & Relationships 5 Ways Dads Can Help Out Stay-at-Home-Moms (Without Their Wives Asking)
- Real Parenting Hindi Akalain Ng Mommy Na Ito Na Ang Hobby Niya Ay Magiging Negosyo
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
28 Things Pinay Moms Would Tell Their Younger Selves: 'Never Settle for Less'Read this list when things get tough.by Kitty Elicay .
There’s no turning back time, but surely there are moments we wish we could either relive again and again or instances that we want to rewrite completely. For moms, especially, there are important lessons about motherhood that they only realize when they’ve become older.
Parenting can be a struggle despite the joy it brings to moms and dads, so we thought it would be nice if they could reflect on the little triumphs that they’ve collected along the way. We asked readers on our Facebook page, “If you could write a note to your younger self, what would you say?” and they responded not only with words of wisdom, but empowering and touching messages for their past selves. Of course, there were fun and cheeky statements, too!ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Here are 28 of our favorites. Read when things are getting tough — you might even learn new things about being a mom or pick up great advice that you could pass on to your kids!
1. You are enough. — Monique MV
2. Listen to your parents, do not rush things. True love waits. — Carla Marie
3. May libreng bakuna sa centers. — Anna Patricia Rodriguez
4. Invest, ASAP! — Charlene Ricopuerto
5. You are loved and wanted. — Nelia Jumaday
6. Loosen up and enjoy your teenage years. Life is not always about competition. Don’t be afraid to fail their expectations. — Stephanie Gueta
7. You’re a warrior. You’re tough and you’re almost there! — Jan Roble
8. Never settle for less. — Lydiah Lydiah
9. You are worth it! — Michelle Gatchalian
10. You’ve done a great job. It’s never too late to chase your goals. Fight and get it! — Carla Sorianosos
11. Sleep. You’ll miss it in the future. — Jaymie Dungca
12. Don’t be afraid to show how you feel. — Dei-anne Guerrero
13. Take charge of your life and your happiness. — Christine BioADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
14. Sana hindi mo na pinaabot ng 30 bago ka nag-baby. Okay lang pala ang 25 years old. LOL! — Leighwon Caparas
15. Don’t work hard. Work smart. — Ruby Alfaro
16. You will cry a lot and your dreams will not come true. But I want you to choose the same path because what you’ll have is more rewarding. Stay strong and always have faith! — Edz Tiangson
17. Save more, take the opportunities given, and never doubt your ability. You are awesome! — Veronique Wilson
18. You’re doing great. No time for regrets. Everything eventually falls in its place. — Daphne Dallego
19. It. Gets. Better. — Sue Pirrera
20. Self-love is important. — Kath Tagaza
21. Don’t apologize for being beautiful. — Mercy Sarte
22. Let go of the men who take you for granted because somebody out there is meant to be for you. Just wait and see! — Goldie Fabros
23. Keep going. You’ll always land on your feet. Weirdly and a bit off but always on your feet. — Tamara LabroADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
24. Stop pleasing everyone and stop making their opinions the basis of who you should be. Never let anyone put you down. Laban lang ng laban! — Chariz Arevalo
25. Be happy being alone. Mamimiss mo ‘yan when the time comes. — Marrianne Aves
26. If it doesn’t help you grow, let it go. — Rulin Amerell
27. Dare, explore, take risks. — Eva Duffield
28. Prepare your heart — emotionally and mentally — for motherhood. — Deonelene Villegas
Parenting can be draining, especially to new moms and dads. Click here for a touching 'letter' from a newborn and uplift your spirits.