- Travel Plan Your Vacation In The North! 6 Affordable Family-Friendly Resorts In Zambales
- Toddler 7 Simple Pieces Of Advice To Get Away From The 'Nakaugalian Na' Parenting Styles
- Love & Relationships P25,000 Ang Ginastos Ng Mag-Asawang Ito Para Sa Kanilang Simpleng Church Wedding
- News Antibiotics Taken During Pregnancy May Cause Heart Malformations In Babies, Study Says
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
5 Signs Sex Has Become A Chore For YouHas your sex life lost its flare? You can improve it with these 6 tips
Photo from salon.com
1. Sex feels like a routine.
You know when you’re going to do it with your partner and how you’re going to do it, so you can’t really feel excited as you did in the early days of your relationship. Because it feels like a routine or something you just have to do, you don’t really think about sex anymore or consider it really special.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
2. You don’t initiate the sex.
Precisely because you’re perfectly great without it. You feel like a person with zero sex drive; nothing arouses you. You don’t even really think about sex. The only time you think about sex is when you realize you haven’t done it in a while.
3. Sometimes you just can’t wait to get the sex over and done with.
There are other things you could think of: that scrapbook project you've been meaning to do, the closet that's begging to be decluttered, or some work you've been setting aside. Still, you have sex with your partner because you don’t not want to have sex either.
4. You don’t really care about climaxing anymore.
It’s great if you do; but if you don’t then there’s a next time. It’s not that big a deal.
5. You enjoy pleasuring yourself a bit more than having sex.
You don’t do it often, but you’ll do it when you have nothing to do in bed. It feels great and you can orgasm really fast. Nonetheless, you’re not as into it as you used to be.
What you can do about it
1. Talk about sex and how you’ve been feeling about it with your partner.
You might be perfectly okay with how things are going with the sex, but he might not be. Whether or not he notices your dry spell, it’s best to let him know so you can make the sex better for the both of you.
Talk about your fantasies, the positions you like (your favorites!) and don’t like, what he does that turns you on and off, and so on. You might feel a little bit uncomfortable talking about these things, but once you realize that this is also part of getting to know each other better hence being more intimate, you’ll actually be glad that you can be so open -— more open than you’ve been before!ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
2. Spend more quality time together.
It’s possible that the only time you have together is at home after a tiring day at work, and you just talk about how your day went. There’s nothing wrong with that, but you need to consciously be in love with him to feel the desire. Is it a challenge to go out on romantic dates because there's no one to look after the kids? Try these date ideas for parents with no yaya.
This adds elements of fun and playfulness in your relationship and sex life, and it will do wonders. Flirt with him when you are apart to build the tension, so when you’re together you’ll be excited and in the mood.
4. Be more romantic (again) and step up your game.
Sex feeling like a chore is usually caused by your bond. Both of you may be each other's "best friend", but you could be losing your touch as lovers. Being romantic would strengthen or spice up your relationship.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
5. Be more affectionate (again).
Look and marvel at your partner and his body. Touch him and hold him. Physical contact like kissing the moment you see each other or holding hands just because will connect you both to each other. These little gestures will help. Don’t just touch each other when you want to have sex.
6. Try out one of your fantasies.
This will be an adventure for both of you, since you don’t really know if your fantasies actually feel great and hot in real life. That said, there’s no pressure and it’s all fun! Just be sure to do the ones that both of you are very comfortable doing, and make sure none of you feel pressured into it —- that would beat the purpose of stopping sex from seeming like a chore.
This story originally appeared on Cosmo.ph
* Minor edits have been made by the SmartParenting.com.ph editors.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW