- News Mahal Na Araw 2020: Paano Ang Paggunita Ng Semana Santa Sa Gitna Ng COVID-19?
- Toddler 5 Clear Signs Your Child Is Not Coping Well With Community Quarantine
- News May Free Online Courses Ang TESDA! Take Advantage Habang Quarantine
- Inspiration Daughter Pays Tribute To Physician Dad Who Lost The Battle To COVID-19: 'He's My Hero'
How To Spend Valentine's Day On A Budget (Without Feeling Lugi!)You don't have to break the bank for Valentine's Day.by Carol Amistad .
Valentine’s day is just a few days away, and by now, couples, partners, families, and even best friends are on the look-out for the best deals and venues for their romantic dates. Planning can surely get a little bit too overwhelming and pressure is definitely on, especially for those who are spending Valentine’s for the first time together, or those who have already made this an annual tradition.
How to spend Valentine’s Day on a budget
Though it’s adorable and pretty impressive to go all out on those romantic gestures, you are really not required to break the bank and splurge when there are actually affordable options that you and your loved one can enjoy. Here are some ways that you can spend V-Day even on a budget:
Under P800 datesDo date night at the comfort of your own home
Who says you can’t achieve a romantic atmosphere at home? Just set up your living room or bedroom with some DIY decors, download your favorite rom-com or some classic cheesy movie, and order your favorite fast food, and voila! Instant date night with your beau. To cap it off, pretend you’re the Prom King and Queen and dance to some delightful love songs.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
The annual U.P. Fair has always been a celebration of expression through Filipino music. It is one of the most anticipated events not only by the U.P. Diliman community but also by those who are looking for a more practical gimmick with their friends and loved ones since it’s usually held during the week of Valentine’s Day.
Gates open at 4:00 p.m., and the walk-in ticket booth opens at 8:00 a.m. Tickets are priced at PHP 120 for U.P. Diliman students, faculty, and staff, and Php250 for non-UP members. The U.P. and Katipunan areas have affordable restaurants, so you can grab your dinner before or after the event.
Under P1,500 datesEscape a room or solve a mystery together
If you and your partner are into solving mysteries and challenging adventures, then you can trade your usual movie nights with escape rooms and channel your inner Sherlock Holmes and Nancy Drew. These rooms will let you crack codes and puzzles with a set amount of time until you solve your way out.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Mystery Manila and Breakout Manila are just two of escape rooms in Manila that you can try. There are a lot of mysteries and puzzles to choose from, depending on the location or branch. Weekend rates for two persons are Php600 each. To book, visit their website at www.mysterymanila.com or www.breakout.com.ph.
Go on a romantic dinner cruise
For just Php750 per head, you can enjoy a buffet dinner while cruising through the beautiful Manila Bay for one hour and half care of Prestige Cruises. Pair that with live music and a fantastic sunset view, and you have the makings of an unforgettable evening. You can even enhance your dinner cruise with flowers, sparkling wine, and more. Reservations can be made online through their website at www.manilabaycruise.com or by calling them at 0917-525-5455.
Above P3,000 dates
Watch a Valentine’s Day concert
There’s a roundup of shows of local and international artists in and around Metro Manila that old-fashioned sweethearts and millennial couples can go to this week.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Rachelle Ann Go: The Homecoming at Marriott Grand Ballroom, Feb. 14, 8 p.m.
- Powerhouse Valentine Featuring Hajji Alejandro, Dessa, and the Philippine Madrigal Singers at Novotel Manila, Feb. 14, 6 p.m. (dinner), 8:30 p.m. (show)
- Two-gether Again with Martin Nievera and Pops Fernandez at Theatre at Solaire, Feb. 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 8 p.m.
- Boyce Avenue at Smart Araneta Coliseum, February 16
- Unified with Regine Velasquez and Sarah Geronimo at Smart Araneta Coliseum, February 14 and 15, 8 p.m.
- Love and Light: A Valentine’s Dinner Concert with Basil Valdez and Jamie Rivera at Mayuree Grand Ballroom, Dusit Thani, Makati City, Feb. 13, 7 p.m.
- Let It Love, Let It Rock with Arnel Pineda at New Frontier Theater (formerly Kia Theater), Feb. 16, 7 p.m.
Whether you go for a practical or a high-end way of spending Hearts’ Day with your special someone, remember the old cliché, “It’s the thought that counts.” And hey, you really don’t need to wait for February 14 to take someone out on a date or show him/her your love and appreciation. After all, every day should be celebrated like it’s Valentine’s Day.
Want to indulge this weekend? Take a look at the available hotel promos here.
Trending in Summit Network