- Real Parenting 'Bakit Ang Tagal Sa Banyo?' Mga Tanong Ng Mommies, Sinagot Nina Ogie Alcasid At Michael V
- Your Kid’s Health Mom Shares Story Of Toddler’s Paracetamol Overdose: ‘Do Not Self-Medicate’
- Wellness This Mom Spent Around 2.2 Million On BTS-Inspired Items With Hubby’s Full Support
- Special Occasions Jollibee’s Latest Tribute To Untiring Dads Is A Tearjerker So Prepare Yourself
7 Best Things Said About Money That Couples Should Remember"Money should not cost you your joy."
Money, like work, is a universal truth. Anywhere you are in the world and whoever you may be, you cannot survive without working for a living and earning money. It doesn’t mean however, that money should be the driving force in our lives. Doing so can make us blind to what’s really important, like the people we love.
In fact, research from the American Psychological Association has found that a third of couples say that money is a major source of conflict in their relationship. Worryingly, arguing about finances is the top predictor for divorce according to a study published in the journal Family Relations.
That’s because money can only take us so far. Our lives need to be anchored on deeper, more intangible things like love and purpose. Some of the most influential people also believe and know this. Below are some of their famous sayings about money beautifully presented in flashcards from Oprah.com. Share them with your partner and remember them whenever the burden of money becomes too much to bear.
1. On money versus happinessADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
2. Because being rich isn’t the only end-goal, a loving family is, too
3. Because the family budget reveals more than you know
CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
What other parents are reading
4. On the hollowness of money
5. On finding meaning in work
6. On being home for dinner
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
7. On selflessness and giving
Trending in Summit Network