- News Get A Chance To Win P100,000 By Sharing Your Smart Parenting Story!
- Toddler Co-Sleeping With Your Kids Makes Them Grow Up Confident, Says Study
- Labor & Childbirth Labor And Delivery Horror Stories: 'Nakakawala Ng Dignidad Manganak'
- News Lilo Is Too Adorable With Her Toy Propeller That Dad Philmar Alipayo Made Using Coconut Leaves!
Getting The UMID: Your SSS, Philhealth, And Pag-IBIG All-In-One CardThis is a useful ID to have if you don't want to carry a bunch of cards in your wallet.by R.M. Mauhay .
While we await the full implementation of the National ID system (click here to learn how to get one), one of the most useful government identification cards to have is the Unified Multipurpose ID or UMID.
What is UMID?
The UMID integrates in one card your lifetime membership for SSS (Social Security System), GSIS (Government Service Insurance System), Philippine Health Insurance Corporation or Philhealth, and the Home Development Mutual Fund or Pag-IBIG Fund.
This single identification card may be used to facilitate transactions in any government agency, bank, and places that require a valid ID. It has a wireless chip embedded in the card so you can also use it to withdraw SSS and GSIS benefits via ATM.
How to get a UMID
Applying for a UMID need not be stressful. Below are simple steps to guide you in securing one successfully. But first, be reminded of the following:
1. Applying for a UMID card is free.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
2. When applying for a UMID card, a personal appearance is a must for identification and validation purposes. You will be required to submit biometric data, image, and signatre.
3. You can apply for a UMID card if you are an SSS, GSIS, or Philhealth member.CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
4. You have to make sure to meet all the requirements and conditions for getting a UMID card.
5. You should have at least one month posted SSS contribution.
6. You should not have an existng SSS ID or UMID card.
7. A valid date of coverage, which is the date when you started to become an active member as per SSS records.
8. Should you want to change your old SSS ID or have your UMID replaced after a loss, you have to pay a fee of Php200 for its replacement. You'll also need to present a duly-notarized affidavit of loss before it can be replaced.
UMID card application through SSSADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
If you are working for a private company or are self-employed, you can apply for aUMID card at any SSS branch. Here are the steps you’ll need to take:
Step 1: Download and accomplish the SSS UMID card application form.
You may download the form here. Make sure that you read the instructions carefully before filling out the form. Avoid erasures or any corrections, and make sure to proofread your accomplished form to see if you filled-out all the fields correctly.
Step 2: Submit the application form and other documents to the nearest SSS branch.
Don’t forget to bring the original or a certified true copy of any of the following valid IDs:
- Driver’s License
- PRC card
- Seaman’s Book
You can also present secondary IDs or documents with your name and birthdate if you don’t have these primary IDs (see the list here).
Take note that not all SSS branches have UMID enrollment facilities. So, make sure to check out this list of SSS branches that can process UMID applications.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Step 3: Proceed with having your photo, biometric, and signature taken.
Step 4: If you’re applying for a UMID card replacement, pay the UMID card fee.
If it’s your first time getting a UMID card, it’s free of charge.
How long will it take to get my UMID?
After application, you can expect your card to be delivered within 30 days from the date of your application. However, some branches may even take as long as two to four months for delivery.
After receiving the card, you can activate it at any SSS branch or kiosk where you can also check information and other updates about your SSS account. You will also be asked to set your UMID card pin code.
UMID card application through GSIS
If you are a government employee, you will need to apply for a UMID card in GSIS branches. Here are the steps you will need to take:ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Step 1: Download and accomplish GSIS UMID eCard Enrollment Form. Make sure to follow the instructions in filling out the form, and that all fields are answered correctly.
Step 2: Submit your accomplished GSIS UMID eCard Enrollment Form and two (2) valid IDs to any GSIS branch near you.
Step 3: Get your photo, biometrics, and signature taken.
Step 4: Wait for a text message which indicates the date and where you can claim your UMID card.
Step 5: Once you receive a text message, bring any valid ID to claim your UMID card.
Getting a UMID card is easy, isn’t it? You’ll just have to follow the steps above for a successful and hassle-free UMID card application. Good luck!
Want to apply for a postal ID? Click here for a guide.
What other parents are reading
Trending in Summit Network