- Breastfeeding True Or False: A Breastfeeding Mom Who Has COVID-19 Cannot Nurse Her Baby
- News UPDATE: Duterte Formally Extends Enhanced Quarantine Until April 30
- News Grocery And Supermarket Hours During Holy Week 2020
- News WATCH: Discharged COVID-19 Patient Applauded By Nurses; 83-Year-Old Lolo Also Recovers!
1 Day to Christmas! 6 Last-minute Preparation Tips for Relatives During Noche Buena!
A family reunion of sorts, the annual Noche Buena is a party in a class of its own. Be ready for a circus, what with rowdy cousins who haven’t seen each other for a year and fussy toddlers who are accident-prone.by Angeli Sobrepena .
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Childproof your home. Your kids may be past the curious-crawler stage, but keep in mind the other toddlers your guests will have in tow. Keep – or at least relocate – décor that might break or topple over. Cover up the Christmas light sockets – little fingers can easily poke these.
- Set up a ground floor siesta room for the grandparents. Lolo and Lola might not be up for a hike, so save the upstairs rooms for the other guests. Prepare a quiet place downstairs where they can rest or take a nap before Noche Buena.
- Prepare a first-aid kit. A bunch of kids, candy canes, and hot cocoa in one room? It’s best to be prepared. Assemble a kit with band-aids, cotton, disinfectant, alcohol, thermometer, and tweezers. Throw in some calamine lotion, eye drops, laxative, cough medicine, antacid, fever medicine, and anti-diarrhea medication for both kids and adults.
- Spruce up the living room. Organize your DVDs and magazines or keep them out of sight altogether. Select just a few for the coffee table to minimize clutter. Put away breakables as well.
- Set up the garden. Decorate a simple bench with Christmas décor to extend the holiday feel outdoors. This can be the area for guests who are smokers.
- Go buffet. There’s no need for a proper buffet table, use the dining table instead. Just be sure to set up a separate service table for the flatware, dinnerware, and glasses. Rent extra chairs if necessary.
Trending in Summit Network