- Home Done With Your Grocery Run? How To Properly Disinfect Your Clothes When Returning Home
- Food Craving for Carbs? Here Are The Stores Delivering Freshly Baked Bread
- Preschooler Baby Shark And Paw Patrol Hand Washing Videos Are Here (Hang In There, Parents)
- News Mahal Na Araw 2020: Paano Ang Paggunita Ng Semana Santa Sa Gitna Ng COVID-19?
13 Days Left to Christmas! Make a Bring-With-Me Christmas Tree!
Who says you can only have one tree in your home during the holidays? Each child can make his own miniature tree for every room in the house. Now, that’s what you call spreading the holiday cheer!by Kat Von Einsiedel .
You will need:
- A cardboard cone (an old party hat works perfectly!)
- 1 sheet of green Japanese paper
- Scissors and glue
- Cloth or satin ribbon
- Scrap pieces of art paper and metallic foil
- Sequins (different colors)
How to make:
1 Fold the Japanese paper lengthwise into four and cut into strips that are 1½ inches wide. On one side of each strip, make alternating diagonal cuts about half-an-inch deep to form “leaves.”ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
2 Unravel the strips and glue onto the cardboard cone, beginning at the base (the widest part), and work your way upward. Once a strip ends, glue on another one and continue wrapping it around the cone. (You may have to help the younger kids with this step.) When the tree is completely covered, allow the glue to dry.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
3 It’s time to decorate! Use small pieces of colorful art paper and sequins as ornaments, star-
shaped metallic foil as a topper, and scrap ribbon as a garland. There are no rules in decorating the tree, so let the kids go a little wild. Let dry completely before putting on display—anywhere
and everywhere.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Photography by Miguel Nacianceno
Last November, we gave you a Thank You gift every day. In December, we’re giving away 30 Santa’s Loot Bags full of exciting Christmas treats!
Not only are we going to help you count down to Christmas with a daily Holiday Tip, we will shower you with Christmas presents as well. Will you be one of the 30 winners? Click here to join.
Trending in Summit Network