- Home Delikado Magluto Ng French Fries Sa Air Fryer: Consumer Group
- Preschooler How NOT to Raise a Lazy Child: 6 Practical Tips for Parents
- Your Health Experts Say: Ito Raw Ang 3 Brands Ng Mouthwash Na Maaaring Panlaban Sa COVID-19
- Love & Relationships A Mom Confesses: 'I've Fallen Out Of Love With My Husband. We Live Like We're Siblings'
19 Days to Christmas!
Teach your child the value of appreciation this holiday season of gift-giving.
Keep in mind that every time your child receives a gift, it is a wonderful chance to teach gratitude and good manners. Don’t pass up this learning opportunity. Here are some lessons you can impart:
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
- Say “thank you” with a smile, no matter how big or small the gift may be. For gifts he doesn’t receive personally, assist him in making a phone call or a thank you note.
- Open your gifts at home or after the giver has left. This helps avoid embarrassing, awkward situations when your child might spontaneously blurt out phrases like, “Ay, ito lang?” or “Meron na ‘ko nito!”
- Positive phrases, please. Children echo what you say, so when they hear words such as “I appreciate it,” “I’m pleased,” or “How thoughtful!”, they eventually learn to compliment the giver.
- A gift is something given and not asked for. Remind him that it is not polite to go up to someone and demand a gift. It is only when asked by grandparents, relatives, or friends that he may state his preference.
- Unwrap one gift at a time. Make sure your child completely opens any package received and takes time to see and appreciate it before moving on to the next one.
Last November, we gave you a Thank You gift every day. In December, we’re giving away 30 Santa’s Loot Bags full of exciting Christmas treats!
Not only are we going to help you count down to Christmas with a daily Holiday Tip, we will shower you with Christmas presents as well. Will you be one of the 30 winners? Click here to join.
Photography by Patrick Martires
Trending in Summit Network