- News Assunta De Rossi Gives Birth To Her Miracle Baby!
- Toddler How to Stop Overindulging Your Child: Don't Raise a Selfish Generation!
- Getting Pregnant Brace Yourself! The Symptoms That Can Worsen At 8 Months of Pregnancy
- News People Are Convinced They Saw The Ghost Of The Daughter In 'American Murder' In This Video
30s the Best Time to Have Baby, Older Parents SayFind out why parents would rather have kids during their 30s.
There are many factors that influence a woman’s decision or readiness to get pregnant. Physical factors, for instance, such as fertility which is age-dependent, is important. Other elements come into play, such as the emotional and financial preparedness as well.
According to a study, older parents - those who had their first child after the age of 40 - believe that the best age to have a baby is 10 years earlier, or around the age of 30.
Researchers from the University of California San Francisco Institute for Health and Aging and the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences interviewed 46 couples and 15 single women who used the in vitro fertilization (IVF) method in order to conceive their first baby from 2009 to 2011.
80 percent of the women and 70 percent of the women said that the ideal age to have a child was during their 30s, and that they would’ve wanted to have kids then, if not for certain circumstances that prevented them from doing so.
Nonetheless, these participants shared the advantages of having a child later in life, such as, primarily, emotional readiness and maturity. Other advantages included career success and financial security, as well as stronger relationships with loved ones.
Despite this, however, the women included in the study said that if given a choice, they would rather have had children when they were at least 35 years old, because of several reasons. Part of these reasons included the difficulty of conceiving at a later age and the need to resort to IVF. The parents also said they would’ve had more energy if they had kids at a younger age.
What for you is the best age to have a baby? We’d love to know. Share with us your thoughts by leaving a comment below.
• March 9, 2012. Karen Rowan. “Best Age to Raise Older Kids? Older Parents Say 30s” livescience.com
• Ian Landau. “Take It From Older Parents: The Thirties Are The Best Age to Have a First Baby” everydayhealth.com
Photo by fruity monkey via flickr creative commonsADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Trending in Summit Network