Cebu Pacific Cancels ALL Flights To China, Starting February 2, 2020Cebu Pacific said it was working closely with the DOH and the Bureau of Quarantine (BOQ).by SmartParenting Staff .
Cebu Pacific Air is canceling all flights to China from the Philippines, starting February 2, 2020. Flights to Macau and Taiwan have been reduced.
Here is Cebu Pacific's full statement provided to SmartParenting.com.ph:
"In light of developments related to the Wuhan coronavirus, Cebu Pacific will be cancelling all flights between the Philippines and mainland China (Beijing, Shanghai, Xiamen, Guangzhou, Shenzen) from February 2 to March 29, 2020.
"Flights between the Philippines, Hong Kong and Macau, on the other hand, have been reduced.
"Passengers affected by flight cancellations have been notified through the contact details provided upon booking. They may also check the status of their flights through the Manage Booking portal in the Cebu Pacific website (click here).
"The following options are made available for passengers on cancelled flights:
- rebook their flights free of charge (within 30 days of original travel date)
- refund their tickets in full
- store the value of the ticket in a Travel Fund for future use.
"We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank our passengers for their understanding.
"We will continue to provide updates as more information becomes available."
In a statement posted on its Facebook, Cebu Pacific said it was working closely with the Department of Health (DOH) and the Bureau of Quarantine (BOQ) on the necessary actions.
So far, the cabin crew and pilots on affected flights have shown no symptoms of illness. The aircraft used for both flights have been pulled out of the line and are undergoing thorough disinfection.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
"We are in the process of contacting passengers seated in the vicinity of the positive NCoV patient and are taking the necessary precautions to inform them so they can have themselves checked in case they show flu-like symptoms."
Cebu Pacific has also implemented preventive measures to reduce the risk of infection across all of its flights. These are:
- Cleaning and disinfection of aircraft in between flights.
- Wearing of face masks by our employees, frontline personnel and cabin crew while on duty.
- Providing face masks to passengers who show symptoms of illness.
- When possible, isolation of passengers who manifest symptoms of illness in empty rows inside the aircraft during the flight.
- Coordination with health authorities in case there are passengers suspected of NCoV contamination for immediate turn-over and further observation.
Cebu Pacific is also urging passengers to postpone air travel if they feel unwell. And if you are on a flight, take precautionary measures, which include frequent handwashing with soap and water; use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer; and use a face mask.
What other parents are readingCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos