- Toddler Educator Says Parents Have 3 'Superpowers' to Raise Smarter and Well-Behaved Kids
- Health & Nutrition Doctor Says Mom Needed to Lose Weight After Pregnancy. A Second Opinion Found Cancer.
- Labor & Childbirth 'My Mother-in-Law Held My Newborn Before I Could, While I Was Being Stitched Up After CS'
- Money Despite the Universal Health Care Act, It Still Pays to Be a PhilHealth Member
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
'Husbands, Date Your Wife' + Secrets to the Kramers' 11-year MarriageThe cager also shares how wife Chesca "tempts" him to date her.by Lei Dimarucut-Sison .
When you have kids, it's easy to lose yourself in the humdrum of every day and forget about what makes you tick. Moreover, when you are parents to young kids, it's understandable that you put their needs over yours — or your husband's. Eventually, this could cause a feeling of disconnect in your relationship as a couple, and if left unaddressed, it could eventually lead to bigger problems as years go by that might result in separation.
Thankfully, there are couples — celebrity couples at that — who are able to stand the test of time. One of them is Doug and Chesca Kramer, together for 16 years now and blessed with three adorable kids: Kendra, Scarlett, and Gavin.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Judging by Doug's Instagram feed, it's easy to know what he values the most, which is family. He never fails to put into words just how proud and grateful he is for having his wife and kids in his life. And if people have been wondering what has made Doug and Chesca last for 11 years as husband and wife, Doug breaks it down into these nuggets of wisdom:ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
1. "Never let a day pass when you argue and fight." Doug says that he and Chesca have never let a fight last more than a day in the one and a half decades they've been together.
2. "Take down your pride. Say sorry first. Admit your own faults rather than pointing fingers. Work on what you need to do rather than trying to change your partner's attitude."
More from Smart Parenting
3. "Love is more than an emotion. It's always a choice." Because marriage is a commitment you made at the altar, you decide to love your spouse even when he or she isn't being her lovable self (aka, grumpy days).
4. "Husbands.... date your wife." Always make time for each other.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
But keeping the love alive in a marriage always takes effort from both husband and wife.
In another post, Doug shared that "Chesca never stops to look amazing for me. She makes sure I'm "tempted" to date her. She always tells me, "I wanna look good only for you baby.""ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Truly, the actress and social media influencer looks as youthful today as when she was still active in show business. Doug's contribution to the "10yearchallenge" — Chesca's photos taken 22 years apart — is proof of how well the 38-year-old has been taking care of herself.
To sum it up, Doug says this to his followers: "Marriage is a beautiful thing if you just take care of it."ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Cheers to enduring love!
More from Smart Parenting