- Real Parenting Who Deserves To Win P100,000? Vote For Your Favorite My Smart Parenting Story!
- Toddler Parusa, Pagsigaw: Maling Gawain Sa Pagdisiplina Na Puwedeng Maiwasan, Ayon Sa Expert
- Breastfeeding 'It's Not Just Sitting Down And Feeding The Baby': A Mom Shares The Challenges Of Breastfeeding
- News You Can Buy A Blank Ticket For P99, Thanks To Cebu Pacific's Book Now, Decide Later
DSWD Urges Childless Couples to Consider Legal AdoptionAdoptive parents needed especially for children orphaned by Typhoon Yolanda.
In observance of Adoption Consciousness Week, which is from February 15 to 23, the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) is urging childless couples to adopt children legally. Adoption Consciousness Week is celebrated each year, as based on Presidential Proclamation 72.
This year’s theme is “Legal na Pag-aampon sa Lahat ng Pagkakataon”, emphasizing the need to follow the legal adoption process no matter what situation, even in the event of disasters. The awareness week aims to promote the procedures, requirements, benefits and effects of legally adopting.
In a one-year-tie up with the Integrated Bar of the Philippines, DSWD Secretary Corazon Soliman mentioned that free legal aid would be offered to prospective adoptive parents.
“This is especially true in the situation of orphaned children in Eastern Visayas where some Typhoon Yolanda survivors have taken custody of some orphans in their localities,” she explained. “Children orphaned by ‘Yolanda’ deserve to get the proper psychological and material support needed for their recovery.”ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
As a result, the DSWD, together with local government units (LGUs), non-government organizations (NGOs), have started the Rapid Family Tracing and Reunification Program (RFTRP) in order to register orphaned children.CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
In December 2013, 87 children were registered as orphaned because of Typhoon Yolanda.
Adoption help desks have been set up at select SM and Ayala Malls this week for couples interested in becoming legal foster parents. Other activities to be implemented as part of Adoption Consciousness Week include the launch of the adoption dashboard, a photo exhibit of families and their adopted kids, as well as a forum on social work in relation to adoption in various situations.
• February 14, 2014. “Adopt a child the right way through legal adoption – DSWD” dswd.gov.ph
• February 15, 2014. Ellalyn De Vera. “Childless couples urged: Consider legal adoption” mb.com.ph
• February 18, 2014. Rainier Allan Ronda. “DSWD urges childless couples to adopt orphans” philstar.com
Photo from hollywoodlife.comADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Trending in Summit Network