- Real Parenting Who Deserves To Win P100,000? Vote For Your Favorite My Smart Parenting Story!
- Real Parenting Katuwaan Lang, Ma! Kung Propesyon Ang Pagiging Ina, Magkano Ang Sahod Mo?
- Health & Nutrition Bawal Nga Bang Kumain ng Talong ang Buntis?
- News The Doctor Is In: Jodi Sta. Maria Cast In PH Remake Of 'A World Of Married Couple'
Is Online Delivery Still Allowed After Curfew? ECQ 2021 Guidelines You Need To KnowAlways bring an ID in case you get stopped at checkpoints.
Several areas have again been placed under lockdown or the strict enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) as government moved to clamp down on a surge in COVID-19 cases. The ECQ will run from March 29 to April 4, 2021 in Metro Manila, Laguna, Cavite, Rizal, and Bulacan.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Here are the latest details from the government's inter-agency task force on COVID-19 response:
What can we expect from 2021 ECQ?
CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
- Essential construction works and public transportation are allowed at truncated capacity to be determined by the Department of Transportation and Department of Public Works and Highways.
- The curfew will be longer in the NCR Plus area from 6 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Shopping malls will be open, limited to essentials such as food and medicine.
- Restaurants are allowed to operate for take-out and deliveries.
- Travel pass will not be required.
- Convenience stores, public markets are open
- Mass gatherings are prohibited, including religious ones.
- Those below 18 and over 65 are prohibited from leaving their homes.
- Online classes will continue.
What is ECQ?
ECQ or enhanced community quarantine is the strictest of all forms of quarantine used in the Philippines. Under ECQ, movement is heavily restricted and limited to acquiring basic goods and services.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
The government, in 2020, doled out aid or ayuda to help Filipinos during the lockdown since many were unable to work.
"Magkakaroon po tayo ng tulong na ipapamigay sa ating mga kababayan," Roque said, adding more details would be available on March 29.
Who can go out during ECQ?
Authorized persons outside of residence (APORs) can go out of their homes during ECQ. This includes a household representative who is tasked to buy food and other basic necessities during the lockdown period.
No quarantine passes are required, but best to always bring your I.D. or a certificate of employment in case you get asked at checkpoint past curfew hours.
Strict stay-at-home orders are in effect during ECQ which means that leisure travel is prohibited.
Is there public transportation during ECQ?
Public transportation is suspended during ECQ based on omnibus guidelines, but for the 2021 ECQ, it is allowed at truncated capacity to be determined by the Department of Transportation. (Click here for a guide.)ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
What businesses are allowed to operate?
Businesses and industries that provide or produce basic goods and offer essential services such as hospitals, and agriculture industries are allowed to operate at full capacity during the ECQ period. Delivery and courier services transporting food, medicine, and other essential goods are likewise allowed.
Private establishments, media firms, and workers accredited by the Department of Transportation can operate at 50% capacity.
The following meanwhile can only operate with a skeleton workforce:
- Pharmacies, Rehabilitation, Dental services
- Veterinary clinics
- Banks, money transfer services
- Telecommunications companies, Internet service providers
- Manufacturing companies and suppliers
- Funeral and embalming services
- Security personnel
- Real estate activities limited to leasing only
- Capital markets
- Water supply and sanitation services and facilities
- Energy and power companies
- Philippine Postal Corporation, Philippine Statistics Authority, printing presses
- Airline and aircraft maintenance
- Necrological or funeral rites
- Machinery and equipment repair and maintenance
- Tourism and leisure-related services are prohibited.
Can I go to work during ECQ?ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Work-from-home arrangements are encouraged during the ECQ period. For authorized persons outside of residence who need to physically report for work, an ID is needed.
Are mass gatherings allowed?
Mass gatherings are prohibited, including religious ones.
Read more stories on the 2021 ECQ here:
This story originally appeared on Reportr.
*Minor edits have been made by the SmartParenting.com.ph editors.
What other parents are reading
Trending in Summit Network