- News Galing Ng Pinoy! Kumalat Na Ang Community Pantry Ng Maginhawa Sa Maraming Lugar
- Toddler 13 Warning Signs of Speech and Language Delay (Birth to 3 Years)
- Health & Nutrition 10 Types of Movement Your Baby Makes Inside Your Tummy
- Money Mom Opens First ‘Ulam Drive-Thru’ In PH! ‘Madali Siyang I-Setup At I-Replicate’
Filipino Students Win 64 Medals in Int’l Math CompetitionIncludes 6th grader who got a perfect score
A group of Filipino students brought home a total of 64 medals in the recently-concluded International Mathematics Assessments for Schools (IMAS), held in Taiwan.
Among these was 6th grader John Henry Marquez from the University of the Philippines - Integrated School (UPIS), who got a perfect score. Only five other students got perfect marks in the math tilt, which included two from Taiwan and three from China.
The Pinoy medalists came from St. Jude Catholic School, Grace Christian College, St. Stephen’s High School, Ateneo de Iloilo, Morning Star Montessori School, MGC New Life Christian Academy, Mother Goose Special School System, Chiang Kai Shek College, Xavier School, St. John’s Institute, Small World Christian School Foundation, Sta. Rosa Science and Technology High School, Paref Woodrose School, Philippine Cultural College, Jubilee Christian Academy, University of Legazpi City, Hua Siong College of Iloilo, De La Salle University Integrated School and Ateneo de Manila Grade School.
30,000 students from 11 countries participated in the competition.
See the complete list of Filipino medalists here.
• March 9, 2014. Jerry E. Esplanada. “6th grader from UPIS aces international math tilt in Taiwan” globalnation.inquirer.net
• March 14, 2014. “Pinoy students win 64 medals in math tilt” abs-cbnnews.com
• March 14, 2014. “PHL students bag 64 medals in int’l math tilt” gmanetwork.com
Photo from abs-cbnnews.comADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Trending in Summit Network