- Love & Relationships Stay-At-Home Mom Asks Is It Wrong To Ask For An Allowance (Husband Ignored Her Request)
- Money Because 'Walang Trabahong Pang-Forever': 5 Lessons on Investing from Dimples Romana
- Baby A First-Time Parent Survival Guide for the First 7 Days With Baby
- News Jennylyn Mercado On 'Naanakan Lang?' Comment: 'Being A Single Parent Made Us Stronger'
Local Travelers Can Get A COVID-19 RT-PCR Test For P900Here's everything you need to know.
Leisure travel has now become stricter, with guidelines being regularly released by local government units for those planning to visit.
Some require a negative antigen test, but most prefer a certification that arriving tourists have gone through the reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction test—the gold standard for testing.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
While Cebu Pacific has recently implemented a "test before boarding" scheme for reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) at P3,300, the Department of Tourism announced that Filipinos and foreigners residing in the Philippines who want to travel locally can get a 50% subsidy for the RT-PCR test at the Philippine General Hospital.CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
However, only 100 qualified domestic tourists per day can be accommodated. The regular price of the RT-PCR test at the state hospital is at P1,800.
Everything you need to know about the DOT's subsidy for RT-PCR testing for Filipinos:
Who are qualified for the 50% subsidy?
- Foreigners residing in the Philippines (residents, with work, long term, student, or other valid visas)
What documents do I need to submit?
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Copy of two valid government-issued IDs (driver’s license, passport, PRC license, PhilPost ID, UMID, SSS, Voter’s ID, TIN ID, PhilHealth ID, and Senior Citizen ID)
- Copy of confirmed hotel booking at a Department of Tourism-accredited accommodation
- Copy of roundtrip transportation tickets, if applicable
What are the steps?
- Register five days before departure at www.tpb.gov.ph/rtpcrphtravel.
- Wait for an e-mail about your log-in credentials.
- Log-in and fill out the Client Investigation Form.
- Wait for your swab test schedule.
- The result will be e-mailed to you directly within 24 hours after the test.
The subsidy program with a P10-million budget from the Tourism Promotions Board was formalized in an agreement with the Philippine General Hospital. This runs until June 2021.
Main image taken on September 2 at Makati Coliseum, used for illustrative purposes only.
This story originally appeared on Spot.ph.
*Minor edits have been made by the SmartParenting.com.ph editors.
What other parents are reading
Trending in Summit Network