- Baby This Is The Number Of Wet Diapers Your Baby Should Have In 24 Hours, Says PH Doctor
- Home Ang Galing! Bakanteng Loteng Dating Tapunan Lang Ng Basura, Urban Garden Na Ngayon
- Your Health DOH: Community Transmission Is Cause Of Rising COVID-19 Cases
- News Successful Surgery Separates Twins Joined At Head At Vatican Pediatric Hospital
Forecast: Food Trends to Watch for in 2012Want to know what edible treats will make it big in 2012? We share the fearless forecasts of experts for both local and international food-related trends.
From yogurt, to variations of cold tea drinks, comfort fried food and more, we saw, tasted and enjoyed what 2011’s food trends had to offer. Whether you’re a foodie or entrepreneur in the food business, it’s always good to know what’s going to be popular in the coming new year.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
In the U.S., for instance, over 1,800 professional chefs gave a forecast of what the hottest restaurant menu trends will be in 2012, as part of the National Restaurant Association’s annual survey.
The results were as follows:
1. Locally sourced meats and seafood
2. Locally grown produce
3. Healthful kids’ mealsCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
4. Hyper-local items
5. Sustainability as a culinary theme
6. Children’s nutrition as a culinary theme
7. Gluten-free/food-allergy-conscious items
8. Locally produced wine and beer
9. Sustainable seafood
10. Whole grain items in kids’ meals
Noteworthy are item numbers 3, 6 and 10, which give particular priority to healthier elements in children’s meals. This strongly indicates that food manufacturers and restaurants are responding positively to the growing anxiety over fast food offerings by developing healthier menu options
Said Joy Dubost, Ph.D., R.D., director of Nutrition & Healthy Living for the National Restaurant Association, “Nutrition – especially when it comes to children – is becoming a major focus for the nation’s nearly one million restaurants, in tune with consumers’ increasing interest in healthful eating.”ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
According to entrepreneur.ph, multiple-course meals ala degustation, where you get to sample different meals in small portions, will emerge as a way to showcase variety in menu offerings. Other forecasted trends include the emergence of food that is prepared by cooking or roasting over fire (pugon), and peculiar combinations of food you wouldn’t normally consider for dessert.
Read the full feature here.
What food trend did you absolutely love this year? What’s your personal prediction for next year? We’d love to know. Leave a comment below.
• December 12, 2011. “Local and sustainable foods to be hottest menu trends in 2012: chefs” ph.she.yahoo.com
• December 8, 2011. Annika Stensson. “What’s Hot in 2012 chef survey shows local sourcing, kids’ nutrition as top menu trends” restaurant.org
• December 8, 2011. Aimee Morales. “A forecast of food trends that will rock 2012” entrepreneur.com.phADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Photography by Stephanie Esguerra
Trending in Summit Network