- Real Parenting Jake Ejercito Met Philmar Alipayo For The First Time During His Visit To Siargao
- Baby Dad Names Newborn ‘Department Of Statistical Communication’ (We're Not Kidding)
- Getting Pregnant Masama Ang Epekto Ng Stress Sa Buntis, Ayon Sa Maraming Pag-aaral
- Real Parenting Mom Rage O Labis Na Galit, Tanda Na May Mga Pangangailangan Kang 'Di Nakukuha
How To Book A COVID Saliva Test At The Philippine Red CrossIt's faster and cheaper.by Reportr.World .
Since it requires just saliva, this form of testing eliminates the discomfort of having a long cotton swab inserted into a person's throat or nostrils.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
A saliva specimen is stable at room temperature and does not require cold chain transport, cutting logistics costs.
The saliva test costs P2,000 versus around P3,500 to P4,000 for RT-PCR depending on the provider. Results are out in three to four hours compared to 24 to 48 hours for swab tests.CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended VideosADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
It's important to note that for outbound passengers, the Inter-Agency Task Force on COVID-19 still requires RT-PCR testing.
According to the PRC's test booking website, the saliva test will be available initially in its Mandaluyong headquarters and at Port Area, Manila. Access the booking website here.
Sen. Richard Gordon, who chairs the PRC, told Teleradyo the service will be expanded nationwide.
How to book a COVID saliva test
Here's the step-by-step guide from the Philippine Red Cross:
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Select the date and time of your saliva test. Each slot is 10 minutes long. Click "Book Now" to add the appointment to your Cart.
- Once you're ready, click on your Cart (upper right side of the screen) and view your items.
- Click on "Checkout" to proceed. Review your order details and input your personal details, then choose a payment method. (1) GCash via PayMongo and (2) GrabPay via PayMongo. Enter your payment information as necessary and complete the payment. Make sure that the billing address you provide is the same as the registered address of your credit card.
- Check your email for the order confirmation, which will include the date, time, and location of your Swab Test appointment. You will also be sent a link to the e-CIF Form in the payment confirmation email. Fill up the e-CIF Form BEFORE your appointment as this must be completed before the Swab Test is conducted. Alternatively, access the e-CIF Form at https://c19.redcross.org.ph/public-ecif.
- Be at the appointment venue 15 minutes before your schedule to give time for verification and the security check. Make sure you have your proof of payment. Bring a pen and don't forget to wear your face mask and face shield.
- Do not eat, drink, gargle, smoke or vape 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- Your results will be sent to you via email. Alternatively, you may track them at c19.redcross.org.ph/track.
"We are expanding our testing services with a more affordable testing which is faster and less invasive. Our proposal is based on sound studies conducted and approved in other countries. These results as well as findings on tests conducted locally by PRC were presented to the DOH and the FDA," PRC Chairman and CEO Sen. Richard Gordon said.
This story originally appeared on Reportr.world. Minor edits have been made by the SmartParenting.com.ph editors.
What other parents are reading
Trending in Summit Network