- Your Kid’s Health Pinay Pediatrician Shares The Food Your Child Needs To Eat To Fight Viruses And Infections
- Labor & Childbirth Mom Shares Her Childbirth Experience Where Unang Yakap Wasn't Done
- Baby Ilang Buwan Bago Makakita Si Baby: Alamin Ang Milestones Ng Kanyang Paningin
- Real Parenting Curly Hair Is Beautiful! How This Group Helps Kids Embrace Their Natural Waves And Curls
Is Sperm-killing Ultrasound the New Male Contraceptive?A study on rats reveals the sperm-reducing potential of sound waves.
A new form of male birth control may be well on its way to being developed, suggests a study by the University of North Carolina.
Their study involved non-invasive ultrasound treatment on male rats’ testes, resulting in the significant reduction in the rats’ sperm levels. It was found out that they could actually zap or kill sperm-creating cells to an index of zero with 2 15-minute sessions.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
The amazing thing about the findings is that rats are extremely more fertile than humans. The resulting low sperm count of 3,000 motile sperm for milliliter or even fewer can still make them reproduce, but in humans, a male with this sperm count would already be considered infertile. In humans, a low sperm level would be anything below 15 million sperm per milliliter.CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
The researchers are looking into how long such an effect will last, if the results are reversible, and if the procedure is safe enough to be repeated multiple times.
• January 29, 2012. Jennifer Welsh. “Future Male Birth Control May Zap Sperm with Sound Waves” www.livescience.com
• January 30, 2012. Rheana Murray. “Ultrasound kills sperm, could be the future of male birth control: study” nydailynews.com
• January 31, 2012. Iva Roze Skoch. “Male birth control by killing sperm with ultrasound?” globalpost.com
Photo by bhav.bhav via flickr creative commons
Trending in Summit Network