- Real Parenting These IDs Do Not Have Encoding Errors. Meet The Alphabet Siblings!
- News Galing Ng Pinoy! Kumalat Na Ang Community Pantry Ng Maginhawa Sa Maraming Lugar
- Toddler Avoid Feeling Guilty About Being Strict: 8 Guidelines for Positive Discipline
- Home 'Nakakagaan Sa Bulsa': Mom Shares 8 Tips To Live Less And Be Happier In A Small Home
Kids who Eat with the Family have Higher Grades, says StudyFind out how sitting down at the dinner table helps kids get better grades in school.
With an increasingly faster paced lifestyle for both adults and children, it’s becoming a rarer occasion for families to actually sit down and enjoy a meal together. Recent studies have shown, however, that the more time families spend at the dinner table, the more the kids’ grades improved.
The feeling of family togetherness and the bonding fostered by eating together at the dinner table allows children to form ties with their parents and siblings. Students who ate dinner with their families were found to:
• be 40 percent more likely to perform well academically
• be emotionally content
• have lower stress levels
• have better relationships with friends
• have healthier eating habits
• avoid drinking, smoking, drug use
• believe that their parents are proud of them
In terms of academics, various studies in the past have shown how eating together with the family at the dinner table helps enhance children’s performance in school. These include improved achievement test scores, improved vocabulary and reading skills, greater academic achievement and higher grades. Quality of mealtime and conversations over dinner helped contribute to this.
When was the last time you had dinner with the entire family? These studies just show the power of family bonding time and how belonging to a loving and caring environment helps bring out the best in your child, emotionally and mentally.
• August 9, 2011. Ann Dolin. “Good Grades Start At The Dinner Table” modernmom.com
Photo by Guitarfool5931 via flickr creative commonsADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Trending in Summit Network