- Getting Pregnant Alamin Ang Mga Sintomas ng Pagbubuntis Maliban sa Pagsusuka
- Preschooler 'Spanking Actually Makes Children's Behavior Worse, Not Better'
- Your Kid’s Health Ang Kailangan Sa Bahay Para Iwas Electrocution Maliban Sa Power Plug Cover
- Home Family Transforms ‘Sampayan’ Into A Bali-Inspired Oasis With A Non-Inflatable Pool
Laguna Schools to Receive Tablet Computers from DepEdSchools in Laguna take on a tech-savvier approach to learning as DepEd distributes tablet computers.
Reports say that the country is in need of 143,000 classrooms in public schools, 101,612 teachers, 2.72 million chairs, 119,296 toilets and 66.3 million textbooks.
As a way to help address these shortages, certain schools in Laguna will be getting tablet computers from the Department of Education (DepEd), in place of textbooks.
Apart from the tablet computers, online learning modules will also be developed to make use of the tablet computers.
Said DepEd Undersecretary Tonisito Umali, “Plano ng DepEd and pag-develop ng modules, i-upload sa Internet o i-download ng batang may tablet... dapat pag-isipang mabuti,”
Called the eRizal Tablet, the gadgets are to be used for information dissemination among students, with the upcoming celebration of Jose Rizal’s 150th birthday on June 19.
“…this technology would be used as a strong grip of the province in the struggle against inequity of opportunities, a tool which everyone is given access,” added Umali.
Photo from flickr.com
• May 6, 2011. “eRizal Tablet: Education set for all, anytime, anywhere!” Laguna.com
• June 8, 2011. Nheslaine Eval. “DepEd to distribute tablet computers in Laguna schools” ThePOC.net
• June 7, 2011. “DepEd: Laguna students to get tablet computers” GMANews.TVADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Trending in Summit Network