- Real Parenting Nagsaing Pero Walang Tubig Ang Bigas! Moms Share Their Funniest ‘Lutang Moments’
- Real Parenting Tama Na Ba Ang Isa? Paano Ba Malalaman Kung Handa Ka Na Sa Isa Pang Anak
- Labor & Childbirth Mom Believed the Opinions on Her Facebook Group. She Gave Birth to a Stillborn Baby
- Love & Relationships 'My Husband Went Through Online Counselling To Save Our Marriage'
6 Passengers On Same Flights As nCov-Positive Chinese Couple Have Flu-Like SymptomsThe police are trying to contact other passengers who flew with the couple.by Kitty Elicay .
Six passengers who boarded the same Cebu Pacific Air and Philippine Airlines flights as the Chinese couple who tested positive for the novel coronavirus (2019 nCoV) are now exhibiting flu-like symptoms. This was announced by the Philippine National Police (PNP) on Thursday, February 6, 2020.
According to a report by CNN Philippines, four passengers who showed symptoms of the 2019 nCoV are already on quarantine in different hospitals, while two more are staying at home. Personnel from the Department of Health (DOH) will be fetching the two remaining passengers within the day, according to PNP-Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) Deputy Chief, Colonel Rhoderick Armamento.
On Tuesday, February 4, Health Secretary Francisco Duque III admitted in a Senate hearing that they had only been able to contact 17% or around 50 of the 331 passengers who may have come in contact with the two nCoV-positive cases when they flew to Cebu and Dumaguete on January 21 and Manila on January 25. The PNP was then tasked to help the DOH in tracking down individuals who came in contact with the couple.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
What other parents are reading
Difficulty tracking down passengers
While the PNP’s response was swift, it also admitted difficulties reaching the other passengers as their listed contact numbers are not working.
“Tinignan namin, vinalidate namin ‘yung mga numbers and it seems ‘yung iba doon, apparently, non-existent,” said Deputy Chief Armamento. He added that they had already gotten in touch with the airlines concerned so they can be provided with alternate contact details.CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
The flights that the Chinese couple took are the following:
- Cebu Pacific 5J 241 (Hong Kong-Cebu)
- Cebu Pacific DG 6519 (Cebu-Dumaguete)
January 25, 2020
- Philippine Airlines PR 2542 (Dumaguete-Manila)
Deputy Chief Armamento said all passengers are being reached through phone and email. They are advised to avoid further unnecessary contact with other people and if possible, to just stay at home.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Chinese couple — a 38-year-old female and a 44-year-old male who came from Wuhan, China, are the first two confirmed cases of the 2019 nCoV in the country. The Chinese man passed away from health complications on February 1, marking the first death outside of mainland China.
The 38-year-old woman is reportedly feeling better and no longer has fever, cough, and colds. She is still positive for 2019 nCoV and remains in quarantine at the San Lazaro Hospital in Manila.
A third case was confirmed yesterday in the Philippines. Worldwide, more than 28,000 cases of the 2019 nCoV have been confirmed, with the death toll standing at more than 560.
According to the DOH, 74 people in Cebu and Dumaguete came into contact with the nCoV-Positive Chinese Couple. Click here for the details.
What other parents are reading
Trending in Summit Network