- News Leandro Munoz Proud of Transgender Son: 'I Will Never Ever Hide It From The Public'
- News Woman's Maternal Instinct Kicks In As She Breastfeeds Stranger's Crying Baby
- Money No Typing Speed Required! This Transcription Job Lets You Earn Up To P12,000 A Month
- Love & Relationships #SPConfessions: Hindi Na Interesado Sa Akin Si Hubby Simula Magkaanak Kami
Pediatricians Refuse Parents who Resist Baby VaccinationsIn order to safeguard the health of patients, pediatricians refuse parents of children who don’t follow the proper vaccination schedule.
In one pediatric office in Chicago, pediatricians have been advising their patients that they would “no longer see children whose parents refuse to follow the childhood immunization schedule developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the American Academy of Pediatrics.”
Pediatricians explain that the reason they’re adhering to this new system is because a child who strays from a vaccination schedule would be subject to health risks, thus putting other patients at risk as well.
Explains Dr. Minal Giri, medical director of Melrose Park Pediatrics, “The impetus behind the policy was to protect our patients. We have newborns, we have pregnant moms, we have kids with cancer who are immune-compromised, and it is a risk for them to have people coming in who have not been vaccinated.”
To be fair, doctors should at least make sure that patients of theirs who don’t really believe in immunizations still get ample amount of information regarding the benefits of getting vaccinations and the risks of not being vaccinated. "Pediatricians need to do a better job of letting parents know the risks of not getting vaccinated," said Dr. Douglas S. Diekena.
• July 5, 2011. Danielle Sullivan. “Pediatricians Turn Away Patients Whose Parents Refuse Vaccinations” blogs.babble.com
• “Some pediatricians taking stand for vaccine program” chicagotribune.comADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Photo from flickr.comCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Trending in Summit Network