- Baby How to Talk to Your Baby (0 to 2 Years): An Expert's Guide
- Real Parenting 'My Child Does't Need A Sibling': Pinoy Parents Share Their Choice To Have One Child
- Love & Relationships A Mom Confesses: 'I've Fallen Out Of Love With My Husband. We Live Like We're Siblings'
- Health & Nutrition Ano Ang Duphaston At Bakit Ito Nirereseta Sa Buntis?
Pediatricians Refuse Parents who Resist Baby VaccinationsIn order to safeguard the health of patients, pediatricians refuse parents of children who don’t follow the proper vaccination schedule.
In one pediatric office in Chicago, pediatricians have been advising their patients that they would “no longer see children whose parents refuse to follow the childhood immunization schedule developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the American Academy of Pediatrics.”
Pediatricians explain that the reason they’re adhering to this new system is because a child who strays from a vaccination schedule would be subject to health risks, thus putting other patients at risk as well.
Explains Dr. Minal Giri, medical director of Melrose Park Pediatrics, “The impetus behind the policy was to protect our patients. We have newborns, we have pregnant moms, we have kids with cancer who are immune-compromised, and it is a risk for them to have people coming in who have not been vaccinated.”
To be fair, doctors should at least make sure that patients of theirs who don’t really believe in immunizations still get ample amount of information regarding the benefits of getting vaccinations and the risks of not being vaccinated. "Pediatricians need to do a better job of letting parents know the risks of not getting vaccinated," said Dr. Douglas S. Diekena.
• July 5, 2011. Danielle Sullivan. “Pediatricians Turn Away Patients Whose Parents Refuse Vaccinations” blogs.babble.com
• “Some pediatricians taking stand for vaccine program” chicagotribune.comADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Photo from flickr.com
Trending in Summit Network