- Real Parenting Nagsaing Pero Walang Tubig Ang Bigas! Moms Share Their Funniest ‘Lutang Moments’
- Real Parenting Tama Na Ba Ang Isa? Paano Ba Malalaman Kung Handa Ka Na Sa Isa Pang Anak
- Labor & Childbirth Mom Believed the Opinions on Her Facebook Group. She Gave Birth to a Stillborn Baby
- Love & Relationships 'My Husband Went Through Online Counselling To Save Our Marriage'
PH Couples Required to Get Breastfeeding Info before MarriageIf you are planning to settle down anytime soon, head to the Office of Family Planning first and learn how to breastfeed.
House Bill 3088, a proposed legislation also known as “Family Support for Breastfeeding Act”, will prohibit local civil registrars from issuing marriage licenses to couples until they could present a certificate as proof that they have received comprehensive instructions and information on family planning, responsible parenthood and breastfeeding. That is, if it passes into a law. The bill has been approved by the House of Representatives last March 23.
It further mandates the Department of Health, the Population Commission and the Department of Social Welfare and Development to provide relevant information and current studies and research and breastfeeding to the Family Planning Office, which is authorized to issue the said certificate to couples.
House Speaker Feliciano Belmonte leads 13 other lawmakers as author of House Bill 3088, including Bagong Henerasyon Party-list Representative Bernadette Herrera-Dy and Albay Representative Edcel Lagman.
Photo from sxc.hu
• March 24, 2011. “House OKs bill requiring couples to get breastfeeding info before marriage” GMANews.TV
• March 24, 2011. “House OKs 3 vital bills” Ph.News.Yahoo.comADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Trending in Summit Network