- Baby Time To Change Your Baby's Formula Milk If You See These Signs, According To A Pedia
- Preschooler MRIs Show How Too Much Screen Time Can Slow A Child's Brain Development
- Toddler Nagsisilbing 'Happiness Anchor' ang Family Vacation Paglaki ng mga Bata
- Love & Relationships Frustrated Mom To Husbands: Don't Wait To Be Asked To Do Chores; Just Do Something.
PNoy Signs Anti-Bullying Act, RA 10627Schools will be given six months to prepare the needed policies.
President Noynoy Aquino has already signed RA 10627, known as the “Anti-Bullying Act of 2013”. The act was passed by Congress in January 2012 and later approved by the Senate in June this year.
Part of this act involves mandating all levels nationwide, from elementary to high school, to establish and enforce policies preventing, prohibiting and responding to cases of bullying.
This includes all forms of bullying, such as physical or verbal, even “cyber-bullying”. The schools are also tasked to inform the students’ parents and guardians regarding such policies.
The act defines bullying as:
“any severe or repeated use by one by one or more students of a written, verbal or electronic expression, or a physical act or gesture, or any combination thereof, directed at another student that has the effect of actually causing or placing the latter in reasonable fear of physical or emotional harm or damage to his property; creating a hostile environment at school for the other student; infringing on the rights of the other student at school or materially and substantially disrupting the education process or the orderly operation of a school.”ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Part of the prohibitions of the act as well are retaliating against anyone who may have reported bullying incidents. Proven bullies will receive disciplinary action and will be required to attend a rehabilitation program.CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Once the law takes effect, school administrators will have six months to prepare the necessary policies and guidelines.
For a complete list of related articles on bullying, click here.
• September 18, 2013. Helen Flores. “Noy signs anti-bullying law” philstar.com
• September 18, 2013. “Aquino signs anti-bullying act” sunstar.com.ph
• September 18, 2013. Kimberly Tan. “PNoy signs Anti-Bullying Law” gmanetwork.com
Photo by Marcela Miramendi via flickr creative commons
Trending in Summit Network