Prelude to the Royal WeddingHere are highlights from the preparations in recent weeks, leading to the much anticipated wedding of Prince William and Catherine “Kate” Middleton.by SmartParenting Staff .
April 14, 2011
Kate has her engagement ring altered, out of reported fear that it would fall off. The ring is a sapphire stone surrounded by diamonds, worn no less by the late Princess Diana.
April 15, 2011
The House of Cavalry busily practice for their part in the Royal Wedding. Incidentally, two of the horses from the Cavalry are named after the soon-to-be royal couple.
April 18, 2011
• Hufftington Post reports that Sophie Cranston is said to be the coveted wedding dress designer.
• The couple rehearse their balcony kiss, as they won’t be doing the traditional kiss at the wedding.
April 19, 2011
Kate’s new Coat of Arms features a design close to her family’s heart; three acorns representing Kate and her two siblings, a gold chevron for Mrs. Middleton, two inner chevrons representing the family’s love for the outdoors, and colors blue and red from the primary colors of the United Kingdom’s flag.
April 20, 2011
• Hugo Burnand is announced as official wedding photographer at Buckingham Palace following the nuptials. Burnand has photographed celebrities such as Victoria Beckham.
• William and Kate receive a special gift from the public. The couple sets up a charity wedding fund where people can send in donations instead of wedding presents.
• Prince William invites a homeless 20-year-old lady to the wedding.
April 21, 2011
Queen Elizabeth formally gives consent to the couple’s wedding by signing a royal seal proclaiming the union. This is following a law that dates back to the 18th century.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Click here to read more.1 of 2 NEXT
CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Trending in Summit Network