- Toddler Fine Motor Skills Are Essential For Learning: Checklist For 3 To 5 Years Old
- Wellness What Makes You Feel Like A 'Mean Mom'? This Mother Has An Answer
- Love & Relationships Best Excuse To Try New Sex Position: Avoid Missionary For Now To Prevent COVID-19!
- Preschooler Gamitin Ang DepEd Dropbox Enrollment System Kung Walang Internet O Computer
SC Slams Husband found Guilty of Marital Rape"A husband does not own his wife's body by reason of marriage."
The Supreme Court (SC) of the Philippines found a man guilty of raping his wife twice in the year 1998. He was sentenced to life sentence with no parole, and penalized with a total of P130,000 in damages.
The rape had occurred 23 years after the couple’s marriage on October 18, 1975. They have four children and run a number of businesses.
According to a detailed report by newsinfo.inquirer.net, the woman was not feeling well on the night of October 16, 1998, so she decided to sleep on a cot outside their bedroom. Her husband asked her to move to their bed instead, but she refused. He then tossed the cot onto the wall, so his wife fell.
When she then agreed to transfer to their bed, he then proceeded to raping her, her cries heard outside by their two daughters. One of the daughters kicked the door open but they were then told by their father to go away.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
On the following night, the wife opted to sleep with her children, but the husband still insisted that she sleep in their own bedroom instead. When she refused, he attempted to lift her and as she struggled, he tore her shorts and tried to rape her in front of their children.CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
When the children asked their father to stop, he reprimanded them, saying he could do whatever he wanted and that he was, after all, the head of the family. He then asked his children to leave the room.
The following year, in December, the wife sued her husband for raping her on two occasions, which he denied. He said that he was not at home during that time, and that his wife was just getting back at him for seizing control of their businesses. He also said she had squandered P3 million of their savings and was also having an extramarital affair.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Backed up by the two children’s testimonies and their mother’s damaged clothing as evidence, the SC pronounced the wife’s narration as a “clear, straightforward, credible, and truthful declaration that on two separate occasions, he succeeded in having sexual intercourse with her, without her consent and against her will.”
“A husband does not own his wife’s body by reason of marriage,” the high court also said.
• May 15, 2014. “SC upholds conviction in Cagayan de Oro marital rape case” gmanetwork.com
• May 15, 2014. Tetch Torres-Tupas. “High court finds husband guilty of raping wife” newsinfo.inquirer.net
• May 16, 2014. Brian Maglungsod. “Marriage doesn’t justify rape – SC” interaksyon.com
Photo from teeny415.glogster.com
Trending in Summit Network