- News Galing Ng Pinoy! Kumalat Na Ang Community Pantry Ng Maginhawa Sa Maraming Lugar
- Toddler 13 Warning Signs of Speech and Language Delay (Birth to 3 Years)
- Health & Nutrition 10 Types of Movement Your Baby Makes Inside Your Tummy
- Money Mom Opens First ‘Ulam Drive-Thru’ In PH! ‘Madali Siyang I-Setup At I-Replicate’
Thinnest Condom in the World RevealedMeasures just 0.038 millimeters
A China company, Guangzhou Daming United Rubber Products, recently introduced the world’s thinnest condom, setting a record in the Guinness Book of World Records.
Called the Aoni condom, the latex contraceptive is made out of latex merely 0.036 millimeters or 0.0014 inches thick, beating former record-holder, Japan’s Okamoto, which was 0.038 millimeters. The Chinese company makes around 200 million condoms each year.
Related story: Birth Control Pills: What you Need to Know
For now, the Aoni condom is only available in Asia, but its manufacturer hopes to penetrate the North American market in time.
In an interview with ibtimes.co.in, Victor Chan, leading the team which produced the Aoni condom, says the project was quite difficult. “It was quite tricky,” he said. “It took a lot of work to arrange the right mix and fine-tune the ingredients to give us the right performance.”
Next story: Understanding the RH Law in 6 QuestionsADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
• February 21, 2014. “New record set for world’s thinnest condom” nydailynews.com
• February 28, 2014. Denise Chow. “Barely There? Chinese Company Debuts World’s Thinnest Condom” livescience.com
• March 3, 2014. Parismita Goswami. “China Creates World’s Thinnest Condom” ibtimes.com
Photo by tressugar.comCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Trending in Summit Network