- Baby How to Talk to Your Baby (0 to 2 Years): An Expert's Guide
- Real Parenting 'My Child Does't Need A Sibling': Pinoy Parents Share Their Choice To Have One Child
- Love & Relationships A Mom Confesses: 'I've Fallen Out Of Love With My Husband. We Live Like We're Siblings'
- Health & Nutrition Ano Ang Duphaston At Bakit Ito Nirereseta Sa Buntis?
This Fast Food Chain Will Lock Up Your Phone for a Good ReasonIt's part of their Family Challenge!
Photo from chic-fil-a.com
A few months back we told you about the fast food chain that had a service created especially for parents. They called it “Mom’s Valet.” Basically, parents with kids can just order through the drive-thru window and while they park their car, the restaurant’s employees prepare the family’s table complete with food, utensils, drinks and high chairs. It’s very convenient – no more lines, juggling food trays and finding high chairs.
The restaurant offering the service is Chic-fil-A (which, unfortunately, doesn’t have a presence in the Philippines yet), and it has just come up with another quirky family-oriented idea. They’re calling it "The Family Challenge: Cell Phone Coop." The goal: make meal time a family affair again sans the technology.
What other parents are readingADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Imagine: it’s the weekend and a family has gone out for lunch. Everyone’s at the table with their ordered meal. But wait, something seems odd. Everyone’s eating but they’re also scrolling through their phones or playing on tablets. It started with just one family member but now everybody’s followed suit, even mom and dad.
Enter the Cell Phone Coop, a cardboard container where gadgets go in so they’re off-limits while the meal is going on. What’s the motivation, you ask? Aside from bonding time loved ones and parental engagement, there’s free ice cream for those who successfully finish the challenge.
The instructions on the box reads:
1. Turn all family cell phones to silent and place in this cell phone coop.
2. Enjoy your Chic-fil-A meal and each other distraction free!
3. After the meal, let us know that you have successfully completed the challenge, and each of you will receive a small ice cream cone.
We think it's a great idea to steal, and you can do your own version of a cell phone coop at home. Use a small box where everyone can put their phone in, place the box in the middle of the table, and whoever lasts the meal without taking their phone out gets an extra serving of dessert!
March 3, 2016. "By Asking Families To Ditch Cell Phones, Chick-Fil-A Becomes A Customer Experience Thought Leader" (forbes.com)
March 3, 2016. "Chick-fil-A cellphone challenge aims to reclaim family mealtime" (mashable.com)
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Trending in Summit Network